Happy Halloween

"Can't we just go trick or treating?" Camila begged, combing through her long strands of chocolate coloured hair as she glanced at her friend through the mirror on her desk with a pleading pair of warm yet frightened brown eyes.

"Oh hell no, Mila, we are going to this frightfest 2017 even if I have to drag your dead body there," Dinah demanded, scrolling through her phone which displayed the website of this new event to their town with excitement across her face. "People are going to chase us with chainsaws, that's pretty cool. Oh and it's based on a real farm, the car journey is going to be a long one."

"D, please, this seems really creepy," Camila begged with every ounce of her body, spinning herself around once she was finished with hair and glared at the tall, dirty blonde haired girl to let her be at peace on this terrifying night. "I went to the scary maze with you last year and that was horrifying."

"Camila, that was for little kids, literally." She replied, shaking her head in disappointment at her friend's low tolerance to being scared. "Anyway, Normani's picking us up soon and Lauren is coming as well; you don't want to be acting like a coward in front of her." Dinah giggled, throwing Camila a sly wink as the brunette spun back around and adjusted herself in the mirror again. "Everybody else is meeting us there."

As the two girls exited Camila's house, they shivered in the chilly air's embrace whilst they both hurried to the warmth of Normani's car. The blonde haired girl called shotgun and jumped in the passenger seat as Camila muttered to herself before entering the back where Lauren was greeting her with a toothy grin. Camila was lost for words whenever she saw her and the fact that the girls both had some sort of connection with each other was very clear. Slowly, Camila's coffee coloured eyes scanned over Lauren taking in the acres of ivory skin that helped illuminate her emerald orbs. Her long legs, that went on forever, were covered by see-through black tights and shorts that stopped at the top of her thighs. Wrapped around her waist were a green and black flannel shirt with a basic, leafy coloured t-shirt. The brunette was surprised that Lauren wasn't freezing like herself. Even though Camila wore blue jeans with no rips and a thick maroon sweater, her skin was covered in bumps despite being in a heated vehicle.

"Are you excited?" Lauren asked with a thrilled smile, expressing she was practically bursting with adrenaline.

"Not at all," Camila replied with a nervous tone, swallowing the anxious lump in her throat and fidgeted in her seat comfortably at the thought of being chased all night.

"Don't worry." Lauren grinned cockily. "Stay with me all night and I'll keep you safe."

Soon, the night approached, fading out the vibrant colours of the sunset which was replaced with a blanket of darkness that had flickers of silver sparks scattered above them. All the streets were littered with small children dressed up in different costumes, carrying sacks of sweets bigger than them and tired adults trying to catch up with their quick feet. Each house was decked in spooky items such as witches or electronic skeletons that screamed every time the motion detectors went off and there wasn't one house without a pumpkin lighting up the porches. Also, without a doubt, every single house had fake spider webs, that just looked like sheep fur, covering some part of the outside plants or shrubs. Anyway, the trip to the Halloween event was two hours away from the nearest town so Camila got comfortable because the ride was going to be a while; the girls were lucky that Normani enjoyed driving.

Fluttering her lids open, Camila groggily looked around as the engine stopped, causing everyone to jump out of the vehicle with exhilaration yet the brunette was still tired from her nap. She and Lauren briefly spoke for most of the ride until Camila put her headphones in and relaxed for the rest of the evening which helped to tame the wild lion of her emotions that was roaring inside. Acres and acres of green were all the eye could see. Their vehicle was parked with other ones at the beginning of the farm fence as groups of people strolled towards the red and white painted barn, planted in the middle of the whole farm. Slowly, their feet scrambled against the dry the path, that went on for miles, kicking dust clouds around their legs which slid pass unnoticed by the depth of talk about the what tonight held for them. Dinah and Normani chatted away, their chins moving quicker than their exaggerated hand gestures, whipping through the wind. However, Lauren listened contently but picked up on Camila's subtly distressed expression painted across her face; clearly, she was riddled with anxiety to be here. To comfort her, Lauren slithered her hand down the younger girl's arm and clamped it with the brunette's shaking hand then rubbed her thumb back and forth gently to soothe her worries.