38. Epilogue

Magda

Magda

"Goddamn it, Magda! How many times do I have to tell you? You don't punch them unconscious," Ava has her hands on her waist. 

"But he was trying to get away," I shrug.

"Of course he was! His ass is wanted for 10.000$ and he is facing life in prison. But for those assholes, we got the taser. We don't want to be faced with charges for excessive use of force."

"I haven't shown this one what excessive use of force is yet," I look down at the man lying with his cheek on the pavement. 

After 60-hours of training and even more being mentored by Ava, I am the second half of the Valkyrie Bail Bonds, the first all-female bail agency in the U.S. Lysa has promised to help out but she is too busy with the gym and the fact that Vik is humping her every waking second. 

"Book him and we take him in. The motherfucker pulled a gun on a pregnant woman and killed her. I don't think the cops would look twice if we tell them he hit going down the stairs."

I love this job! This is what I was born to do and I am glad I got to share this with Ava. I was scared after the wedding. Scared that I would be itching to leave again, that I would panic over staying with Runner and be his Valkyrie. 

But that panic never came. Not only will I not stay right where I am, I will kill anyone trying to take it away from me. I am whole, I am a person, I have my soul back. And all because of him. My beloved. 

I drag the man in the SUV I got with my first money and I tie him up before driving down the Police Department and do all the procedures. It's been two months since the Valkyries Bail Agency opened but I still see the look on the officers when either I or Ava walk in with a dangerous, wanted criminal wrapped up like a gift. They'll get used to it. 

After I am done I drive straight to the clubhouse. I haven't seen Runner all day and I miss him so much my whole body aches. It is scary, that need, that constant need to have him and feel him close to me, to hear his voice, feel his heartbeat. 

How long have I come! From running away from that man, I am running to him with all that I've got. I step on it and soon I park across the bar, in the garage. I wave at Bjorn and Iris working on an expensive looking car and I head straight across the street. 

When I enter, I see Runner talking with Tar and Tor - it is as funny as it sounds - but he leaves them both and walks up to me. He is not fond of what I do and as he approaches, he is looking for injuries. He has threatened me a couple of times and is holding it over my head that he is not quitting the porn if I don't quit hunting. So far we are at a stalemate.

"You whole?" Runner demands. 

"Unscathed as per usual," I raise a brow at him. 

He says nothing just takes me by the waist with one arm and presses his lips on me. He then drags me outside, to his bike. he hands me the helmet he made especially for me and climbs on. 

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he winks and I can't help but smile. 

I have no fucking clue why I of all people deserve a man like him. Runner is perfect, my perfect, mine. I climb on the back of his back and a sense of serenity comes over me. I am home. Finally, I am home. 

He revs the bike and rides away and for a while, I enjoy the air on my face, the feel of his body between my thighs, the freedom, the surrender to my beloved. 

But when I see he is heading for the Rider Lane, I frown. I was hoping we'd be together, alone, naked preferably. After the wedding, we've been spending time with Lysa and Vik and don't get me wrong, it's fun but I need to spend more time just with Runner, the two of us, alone. 

We go past Ava's house and then Iris's but when Lysa's front yard is in view, he doesn't slow down. He turns down a dirt road along the house's side and stops at a house surrounded by trees in the back. 

Runner says nothing, just parks up the driveway and stops the bike. I frown. What is this? It's in the back of Lysa's place but with those thick trees in the middle, I have never seen it. I get off the bike and I leave my helmet on the seat taking the place in. 

It's in the usual, classic Californian style that I've grown to love, with open grounds all around and wide windows. Runner takes my hand and leads me up the stairs and a frown settles on my face. Are we here to meet someone? 

Only when he takes a set of keys out of his pocket and opens the front door do I realize that maybe... Can it be?

"Come in, angel," he squeezes my hand.

"Runner?" I am almost in tears.

"Damn, right, Mags. This is our home. For you and me."

"Home..." I trail off still pinned outside the place, scared and excited at the same time. 

Runner lets go of my hand and wraps me in his arms. His scent fills me and my heart tightens at the flooding feeling I get. I can't hold back. I almost pulped a man's face this morning and now I am crying like a baby. 

"Yes, angel. Home. These are just some walls. You are my home, Mags."

"God, I love you so much, my beloved," I say between sobs. 

"I think you'll love me even more," he chuckles sweetly and sweeps me off my feet. 

He enters the place that is mostly empty but filled with a beautiful light, passes through a place that must be the livng room and then enters a smaller room, the only one with furniture. A billiard table. 

"The boys at the bar wouldn't let me take the table away. You got them hooked on pool you see. So I bought them a new one and got this one transferred here," Runner puts me down.

I look around and it is a proper billiard room, bathed in light coming from a window but with classic lamps overhead, a rack and a small bar on the other side. 

"Like it?" Runner searches my eyes nervously. 

I turn to him and I shake my head in disbelief. All my life I was consumed by fear, self-loathing, revenge. Now I am finally alive, burning with love. Runner is truly my savior. I take one step to him and wrap my arms around his neck. 

"I love it. I love you," I whisper over his lips. 

"I love you, angel," he pushes me to the table and has me to sit on it. "Now, since we don't have a bed in here yet," he says over my lips with a hungry gaze. 

God, yes! I throw my head back and grab the cross he has around his neck. I pull him closer and I kiss him with all the passion I feel inside. Runner groans in my mouth and pushes me flush against his body. 

With impatient moves, he takes off my t-shirt and then my bra. My jeans are next and when they are off, he glances at the tatt on my thigh. I smile. 

I got that almost after the wedding. Rage was ready for it. Runner places his fingers on my skin and traces the big, winged horse flying in the sky and then the long-haired blonde woman riding it. My Valkyrie tattoo, my symbol of eternal devotion to him, right where I was shot that night when he first called me his angel.

"You are here, Magdalene," his voice is that soft, calm voice that fills my soul. 

"I am here," I nod. "I will stay," I completely surrender to him. 

The End