35. Safe

Runner

Runner

I keep Mags in my arms and I know I am being too tight but I can't help it. Seeing her at gunpoint cost me years of my life. Even the idea that she would be hurt, taken from me, sends fear into the corners of my soul still. She will never leave me. Not my angel. 

"My beloved," she speaks into the skin of my neck while I carry her inside.

"It's over, angel," I whisper and kiss her forehead. 

"Iris?" Mags stirs and looks around. 

"She is fine, angel. She is fine."

Right on cue, Ava walks in dragging Candy with Iris at her heels. Mags gets out of my arms and hurries to Iris. 

"Are you OK?" Magda asks. 

"I am," Iris hugs Magda and lets some tears run. 

When Magda makes sure that Iris is whole, she turns to Candy. She stands before her, spits on the rotter's face and then looks at Ava. The Queen of the Riders' face has turned into a mask of anger. This will not bode well for Candy. The Valkyries seem to have made a silent pack to punish Candy themselves for raising a gun on one of them. 

After that exchange, Mags rushes back to me, burying herself in my chest. Her arms pull me in desperately, her body glues to me. All fear and anxiety wash off me and excitement takes their place. My woman is safe. The threat on the club is gone. 

I wrap my arms around Magda's waist and lift her off her feet and head straight to my room. I need to feel her, all of her, now. I need to show her how happy I am to be back to her, that she is mine, that she will always be mine. 

"I need to bathe, my beloved. Someone threw knives at a man and his blood is all over me," she smiles. 

"I'll take care of that, angel."

Behind me, I hear commotion as there's catcalling and whistles and Vik's voice is heard clearly. 

"I like the way you think, brother," he says and then I hear Lysa yelp. 

I close the door of my room behind me and I go straight to my bathroom. If my angel needs to be clean, I will clean her. 

"Runner," Mags sighs when I put her down in the bathroom. 

I say nothing, I just pull the t-shirt over her head and go round her back to release her bra. When her perfect breast is in view, it takes all that I have not to fuck her against the tiles now and hard. Instead, I strip us both naked and run the water in the shower. 

When it's at the right temperature, I pick her up and go in the shower with her placing us both under the spray. Blood runs down our bodies and for a while we don't move, washing off death from our skin. I've had enough death. I need to live and I need to live with her.