34. Standoff

Magda

"Got a car?" I ask Candy that has her steady - damn it - gunned, hand pointing at Iris still. 

"We won't need one."

Fuck! She has help coming and all my help is either drinking coffee in the clubhouse or is in a gunfight at same warehouse. I got to do this alone, quickly and efficiently. 

I don't even have time to finish that thought when I see a BMW approach us. I quickly glance at Iris that looks a lot more calmer than I thought she would be. No, that girl is not going to break down in hysterics when push comes to shove. She is the Hellhound's Valkyrie, after all. 

The BMW pulls up and two guys get out one of which is the mastermind behind taking down the Riders. With a gun pointed at me. 

"What is this bitch doing here?"

"Wow wow wow!" I raise my hands. "I was played too, man."

"You thought you'd play me, stupid bitch?" he comes up to me and puts the gun on my forehead. 

I break down into a fake panic but not too much though. A few tears can work wonders, too much makes men uncomfortable. 

"Don't. Listen to me. They must have known we met. Tor is not stupid and he has that little bitch with him, that Stig asshole and he must have been watching."

"Anyway, bitch, you are worthless to me," he presses the barrel to my head. 

"Babe, I did promise you a good time," I try seducing him. 

I have never, never done this. Not even with that asshole of a husband. I got naked, he was hooked. Well, I am not the girl I used to be. Runner unearthed a sexual side I didn't think I possessed. And I channel it all to make that man lower the gun, trust me so I can break his fucking neck. 

And it's working. Men! His face turns mellow and he glances down at my breasts. He just threatened to kill me but he thinks I will be fine letting him fuck me. Bet on male stupidity and win every time. 

"Hey, what about me?"

"What about you, Candy?" he still keeps his eyes on me lowering his gun. "I paid you good money so fuck off."

No, that bitch is not going anywhere, I want to scream. I know she will take Iris with her and do whatever she has in her sick mind to do to her. And I can't allow that to happen. 

"I need a fucking way out. Now," Candy complains. 

"Who's stopping you?" The man turns to her annoyed. 

That gives me time to look at his guard. Standard issue bouncer. Heavy, buff, slow. Slow is working fine for me right now. Next glance goes to Iris that is testing her leeway by taking a step away from Candy. Candy is so pre-occupied with bargaining with that asshole. I nod to Iris and she nods back. 

I have no idea what exactly goes around Iris's mind but we both know that if we are taken, we will never get back alive. This is where we stand and fight and hope to make it unscathed. So I act. 

I move with all my force and grab the gunned hand, pointing it at the huge guard. The gun fires and luckily it hits the giant somewhere - I hope somewhere that will slow him down permanently - but that is as far as my surprise attack will go. 

Behind me, I hear some commotion but I do not have the time to do anything about that cause I am facing a really angry man with a gun. A seriously angry, armed man. For some bizarre reason, he doesn't turn his gun on me but he raises his hand to slap me. Guess that chauvinistic instinct came in handy for me.