10. Games

Runner

Runner

Of course, she wouldn't remember! That was the single best kiss of my life, one I will never forget but she will never know. For her, it was just a drunk, hen-party game and nothing more. I am a fucking game, one she can freely toy with. She treats me like a goddamn yo-yo, pulling me in and pushing me away.

No more. I do not like games. I am not like my brothers and their Valkyries that were doing all kinds of immature shit, avoiding their feelings, hiding from the truth. Yeah, I am a player but even then, I am not into pretending that I am in love or something. Usually, it's a pretty straightforward deal of "I want to fuck. You?".

With Magda, it was more. The first time that I wanted more. Don't get me wrong. I wanted to fuck her. I had to be blind or something to be passive before her long legs, those full breasts and her huge lips. In fact, I had spent quite some time fantasizing about each of those features when she was first brought in.

But then there were those eyes, those big, fathomless eyes, vast like an ocean and I felt the urge to explore them, discover her. And I fucking told her so, straight up. I was open with her and she chose to play. Well, I am done playing and she better get that in that pretty head of hers soon enough.

"Well, brothers," Daniel walks out into the bar. "How do we feel about Magdalene being back?"

"I know someone who might have an opinion on the matter," Tor pats me on the shoulder. "How was the preacher girl, man?"

"Brother, I have warned you, haven't I?"

"You did and I backed off and you ate her face and took her in your room. So, my turn?"

Tor smirks ironically, waiting for my explosion. Wouldn't want to disappoint my King. I smile back at him and then I take one step to be in his face.

"Tor, you will pretend for the rest of your life that Magdalene does not exist. She is not there, she is none of your concern, you will not speak of her or look at her."

"Is that right, brother?" Tor challenges me. "Cause she seemed pretty wild last night. I like them wild."

I chuckle and take one deep breath.

"I like you, brother. We have shared a few women you and I, fucked them real good. We make a good team, don't we?"

"We sure do," his eyes are twinkling.

Tor thinks I'm going to share Magdalene like she's some random bitch. If he weren't my King, he'd be dead by now. I smile wider and I make a point of showing off the knife I have on my belt. It's not as big as Rage's but it can do real damage. And I am the quickest motherfucker with it.

"That is why I am letting this one comment slide," I get in his face. "From now on, when people talk about Magda, your answer will be Magda who?"

"Dropping like motherfucking flies," Tor shakes his head disappointed. "I'd better take the rest of the brothers out of here and fast."