37. Wedding

Runner

Runner

"You ready, man?" Vik shifts from one leg to the other next to me.

"Me?" I smile at him. "I Am not the one getting married, bror."

"I know! I am! I fucking am!"

To be honest, I was expecting that at some point I would have to restrain Vik so that Daniel wouldn't kill him for leaving Lysa at the altar. But I was stupid. The fucker can't wait to be tied to his Valkyrie for good and I am pretty sure he has been trying to plant a baby in her for quite a while. 

I shiver at the thought but this time it's not fear or jealousy that got a hold on me. It's anticipation. Cause I am getting that with Magdalene. She is mine, agreed to be my Valkyrie and finally keep still and stay by my side. 

"Smile, assholes!" Stig has his big, professional camera out and has the time of his life.

I do smile. I smile cause I got her in my life. She is the piece of my soul I was missing to be whole. And she is mine. Mine forever, to hold, to protect, to love. To have a family with. 

And as the thought of Mags heavy with child puts a smile on my face, the door of the gym opens and I look up. Everyone is in. Brothers and thralls and hang-arounds, the girls from the escort and some of the old reserves, friends of Daniel's that came to honor the day and they all turn for the procession. 

First, Ava walks through in her black, elegant dress and I hear Bjorn groan loudly making baby Ariadne look at him funny. Then Iris walks in in her sweet dress and Rage stops her procession, takes her in his arms and is ready to carry her away. Iris laughs her sweet laughter and talks softly to Rage that goes back to his seat, looking like a scolded dog. 

And then... Magdalene walks in! Fuck she's gorgeous. I have never seen a more beautiful woman in my life and she only has eyes for me. As she walks, she has her sapphire eyes pinned in mine and a wide smile on her beautiful face. 

It's my turn to groan and I get hard in my jeans. I am right there with Rage on this one. To hell with the wedding! I want to have my woman now! I want to take her and push her on a table, get tangled in that flared skirt that lets her legs show and bury my face in that deep V-neck.

"Could you not fuck the bridesmaid in the middle of my fucking wedding, man?" Vik hisses. 

I realize that I have taken one step to her and I chuckle before taking my place next to the groom. Magda gives me a smile and raises her brow as she takes her place across me. I hear the music and the sighs and I know Lysa is in but nothing is enough to make me take my eyes off my woman. 

She is mesmerizing, radiant, beautiful and all a Valkyrie. My Valkyrie. Her eyes shine brighter than ever before, her face is perfection, her body a temple and I her humble pilgrim. "Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the young women," I recite in my head. 

She then beckons her head and I finally focus on Lysa and the wedding. Lysa is smiling and Daniel is happy and don't get me started on that stupid grin on Vik's face. And all I can think of is how long before I show the world that Magda is mine too. How long before Magda stands by my side, dressed in white and have a ring on her finger. 

Vince is the Master of Ceremony for this one and he has agreed to take a minister's license to perform the wedding. He said he wanted front row when his brothers commit the absolute stupid sin. 

"Motherfuckers," Vince smiles at everyone, "we are gathered here today to witness a brother take the fall."

"Vince," Lysa warns.

"OK, jokes aside this is good shit. Lysa is our Rider princess and Vik is... Well, Vik is Vik so I guess he is a lucky son of a bitch to get his hands on such a fine piece of ass."

"Vince!" both Daniel and Vik growl. 

"Calm down. I am fucking with you. We all know that those two have been through some shit to be here. And we have all witnessed the love those Lysa and Vik share. Mostly heard it from Vik's room but..."

"VINCE!" this time all three threaten.

"Fine! Who gives this bride today?"

Daniel turns to Vik with a warning in his eyes. 

"I do and you better fucking treat her right, Vik."

"I will, brother. Always," Vik's voice is strained for the first time ever. 

"Do any of you motherfuckers oppose this wedding?" Vince glances at the audience. "And keep in mind I carry my fucking Glock!"

Laughter comes in waves from everyone. 

"OK, let's end this so we can get shitfaced! Do you, Lysa, take Vik to be your man, to honor and to hold although he is a brainless motherfucker?"

"I do," Lysa smiles and shakes her head.

"You sure?"

"Get on with it, man, before I gut your ass," Vik shakes his head. 

"Do you, Vik, take Lysa to be your Valkyrie, to honor and protect, to love and cherish although she is way out of your league?"

"Forever," Vik has his eyes pinned on Lysa. 

"Now, let's put the chain ball on your fingers," Vince looks at me. 

I take out the little velvet box with the simple platinum wedding bands and give one ring to Vik and one to Lysa. 

Vik takes Lysa's hand almost shaking and takes one deep breath. 

"I love you more than my life, Lys. You are my everything, princess," is all he manages to get out and slips the ring on her finger. 

"You are my world. You have my heart, my body, my soul, all that I am," Lysa says in tears and it's her turn to put the ring on Vik's finger.

"I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride as if you haven't done that shit already," Vince tells Vik. 

That is all Vik needs to take Lysa in his arms and give her an earth-shattering kiss. OK, that's it!  I decide and I walk to Mags, pick her up, have her legs wrapped around me and I put my mouth on hers, demanding access that she gives me in a surprised gasp. 

"I love you, Magdalene," I pant between kisses. 

"I love you, Runner," she holds my face and my life in her hands. 

Not a conventional wedding, right? What did you expect from the Riders?