06.17 - Rivera Lukas

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes, one of the boys is in the hospital" Maxie smiles was frightening gentle. "I had been worried so I went to check up on him first before coming here"

Hearing Maxie's statement, the woman's tears quickly dried up while her face grew white.

"Mr. Durbar"

Maxie continued to look at the woman while her secretary held out the surface pad in his hand to show a video of a good looking boy in a private hospital room. Not only was the boy not hurt the slightest bit, but he was fooling around with a pretty nurse.

"Your son must be so frighten" Maxie said lightly. "Look, even the nurse has to give him special care"

"Ms. Luther" The boy's father was clearly embarrassed and horrified at the scene. "Please, this is all just a misunderstanding"

"Misunderstanding?" Maxie's brow rose with amusement. "You must think I'm an idiot"

The man stepped back when Maxie's eyes went cold. Standing up, Maxie's eyes went to the boys who nervously could not meet her gaze.

"Boys would be boys huh..." Maxie laughed softly. "Unfortunately, I'm not a boy so the rules does not apply to me."

"Ms. Luther_"

"When someone mess with me" Maxie cut the man's words off sharply. "When someone mess with my brother, I won't let it slide"

"Ms. Luther, please_"

"I'll give you by the end of today to make things right. If not..." Maxie flashed a cold grin at the group of men. "Don't blame me for being ruthless"

None of the men dared to speak further as if they understood Maxie's declaration.

"Principal Adams" Maxie looked at the nervous old man. "We'll honor the school no-fighting policy. I'll take my brother home for the 2 weeks suspension"

"Thank you Ms. Luther" The old man was relieved that Maxie understood his duty to the school.

Maxie then look at the quiet Blaze Jager and frown.

"You fool" Maxie's sharp words caused Blaze to jump back. "To let yourself be beat up while they have no marks on their face. If you're going to fight, at least be the one winning"

Blaze's eyes bulge out in disbelief, while everyone else in the room nearly fell over to Maxie's unreasonable lecturing.

"What are you still standing there for?" Maxie was already at the doorway, looking back at the dumbfound Blaze. "Let's go"

Following after Maxie, Blaze felt confused. Walking quietly behind her, he listened on while the two secretaries told Maxie her appointments for the remainder of the day. Hearing how busy she was, Blaze felt conflicted. Again, Maxie come to help him despite her hectic schedule. No matter how bitter he felt toward his cousin in the beginning, he now felt ashamed.

"I'm moving out..."

Maxie who had been half listening to her secretaries listed out her schedule, stopped when she heard the faint words from the protagonist. With a hidden smirk, Maxie turned to look at the young man who head hung low with shame. To see the protagonist of the story in such sorry state, Maxie wanted to laugh.

"And where would you be moving to? Second uncle's house?" Maxie questioned calmly. "Or third uncle?"

"I..." Blaze did not know how to answer Maxie. "Second uncle told me he welcomes me_"

"Do you know who you fought with?"

Again, Blaze did not know how to answer Maxie.

"Their fathers and mothers, do you know who they are?" Maxie continued. "Two of those boys are a part of Sage Jager's group. The boy who is in the hospital is in Dustin Jager's group. As for their fathers, two are executives working for second uncle. And their mothers are all acquaintances of Cain Jager's 4th wife's group."

By the time Maxie finished, Blaze felt not only pain but embarrassment as well. He was still too gullible to see the whole story. But how could Maxie blame the young teenager? The protagonist had been an upright boy until reality transformed him into a ruthless, cold-hearted man. The truth of the matter was, despite how annoying the protagonist had been to Maxie, she had appreciated his innocence - even if it was borderline stupidity.

"You want to move out?" Maxie walked over to the shorter teenager and pinched his ear.

"Ow" Blaze let out a startle shout when Maxie twisted his ear.

"You can't even see who your enemies are and you want to move out?" Maxie twisted his ear more with a cold smile. "Blaze Jager, you want to give me more trouble?"

Blaze would have fall to his knees with the pain if Maxie hadn't let go of his ear. Rubbing at the stinging pain, he looked at Maxie with resentment.

"I didn't want to give you any more trouble" He shout out angrily. "I know you hate me. If I move out, you don't have to deal with me anymore"

"Who said I hate you?"

Startled, Blaze looked at Maxie who smirked at him.

"Yes, you're a total brat and not very bright" Maxie laughed when Blaze glared indignantly at her. "But you're Maxie Luther's family. Do you at least understand what that means?"

Blaze didn't.

"You fool" Maxie reached out and put a hand on top of his head. "It means even if you're a brat and not very bright, I will support you"

In that very moment, Blaze Jager found himself moved to the core. The person he tried to bring down and insulted is the only person who stood beside him. Meanwhile, he people who he believed was his friends have all left him. The remorse and humiliation was too much for the teenager to bear. Unable to stop the tears, Blaze could only look down and hide his eyes behind his bangs.

"Let's go home"

Maxie turned to leave while Blaze and the two secretaries followed. And because they were following behind Maxie, they did not see the cunning smile on her face.