"Can't you see he's caused me so much grief, I don't want that again. I want Dan"

"I know you want Dan, but you need Harry. Even though he was a prick in many ways he made you happy, I could see it"

"Sometimes happiness isn't everything"

"Ella, happiness is everything"

"I don't need your advice"

"Can we just stop arguing. Please" he takes a seat on the sofa and I sit back next to him.

"Then stop mentioning the past" I smile.

"One last thing"

"What" I roll my eyes.

"Do you still have that jewel stone I gave you?" He asks with curiosity.

"Oh, yh I think I do. I must've left it at home though, I don't remember taking it to college" I smile at the fond memory.

"I'm glad you kept it"

Zayn and I catch up over a few drinks, he now works at the local gym and he even manages to get me to try a cigarette which I didn't like, I was a coughing mess after the first drag. He smiles and watches me with amusement as I talk to him about the few good memories from the past year of college and how Dan and I met.

"It's been nice Ella, and I know you don't want to hear it but I'm sorry for everything you went through with Harry, I should've been more honest about everything but one thing I'm not sorry for is that you two still belong together"

"Thanks and I'm with Dan" I smile.

"I know" he smirks cheekily and we head to the door.

As I'm about to leave my eyes glue on the the large box behind Zayn that had the letter "R" marked on it.

He follows my eyes and hesitates slightly.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Oh nothing" he looks away from me. "Just a delivery"

"Hmm" I nod, I didn't believe him. "It was nice seeing you" I smile and he suddenly pulls me in a hug.

"Are you sure" he raises a brow.

"I know I was rude first but honestly it was nice seeing you Zayn" I laugh and we wave each other goodbye before I head out of his house.

I decide to phone Dan who ignores all three of my calls, he had every right to.

I phoned my father who then picked me up from Zayn's house, luckily he didn't ask too many questions about my whereabouts, I wouldn't even be able to answer them. It felt surreal that I had actually spoken to Zayn and went to his house, I never thought I'd see him again let alone actually speak to him.

I couldn't help but feel he was up to something or that he wanted something. I tried putting it at the back of my mind but then the box with the letter "R" kept popping in my mind. What could it have meant and why was he so nervous about it.

"Are you heading back to college tonight sweetie?" My mother asks, we were now eating diner and Dan was still ignoring my calls.

"Yh, my first exam is tomorrow and I've barely revised" I groan.

"You'll smash it, you always do" mother smiles, I wish it was true.

After diner my parents went out to do household shopping, I decided to snoop around my old room.

I opened the small Chester draw beside my bed, I always kept my most personal belongings there, I found a few scraped poems, a tattered copy of the bell jar and a few monumental pieces of jewellery. I grabbed the little box at the back and found Zayn's jewel that he let me have, it made me smile.