Chapter Twenty-Two - Ana's POV part2

The following weeks we both fought like cats and dogs about my playhouses as Christian wants me to sell both of them.

We fought so much I am beginning to doubt our future together as I lay one night on my own bed in my own apartment in tears. My job has taken a strange turn since Jack was fired and I stepped into his old job since that was what Roach and the board decided. So I'm now editor for the fiction division. In so my three months I'm here and I'm already in my dream job position right out of college. What a fantastic feeling? But my feelings of joy are always short-lived when Christian pops back into my head. It's Friday and it's after two in the afternoon and I'm hard at work in my new office. My new assistant Hanna just popped her head in to let me know that I have a client that wants to see me. I let her show him in and it was Christian.

'Mr. Grey? How may I help you today?' I felt near tears when I saw him step into my office.

'Miss Steele I'm here to check in on my fiancé, if I may?' Christian smile at me and Hanna left in a hurry to the kitchen to make us coffee and tea.

'Of course, you may Mr. Grey.' I responded and felt my tears starting to blur my vision again as I just had to look away from him.

'Ana please don't cry baby. I came with a solution to our problems.' He sat on the edge of my desk pulling out his handkerchief from his pant pocket to dry my tears.

'What? What solution? You want to brake off our engagement?' I asked as tears stream down my face.

'Hey! Stop and listen please.' He ordered.

'Sorry please continue...' I pulled a Kleenex from the box. He came and place his chair right next to me then took my hands.

'I not breaking our engagement. I have thought about how I would feel if you told me to sell my business and to be quite honest I would hate every second of it. So I suggest you may keep you playhouses and my only visit your playhouse two to three times a week. I really would like to see you more baby. And if there is by any chance you can forgive this prick of a fiancé of yours, I beg of you please forgive me.' His word touched my heart and I love his solution to all our weeks of fighting.

'Thank you, Mr. Grey, for coming forth with this wonderful solution and of course I will forgive you 1000%. I love you too much to stay mad at you even if you drive me up the walls sometimes. But I have loved you since I first saw you back in our lives in Detroit.'

'I loved you since I saw you moved into that house, back then and I guess I never really stopped loving you after all these years passed between us.' How could you not but dive in and give him a kiss. We pulled apart and he dried my tears. Hanna lay the tray with our coffee and teas on my table then retreated closing my office door behind her.

'What made you change your mind love?' I asked him taking his hands in mine now.

'I consulted with Dr. Flynn and he got me thinking.'

'Remind me to thank him one day.' I dried a new tear that ran down my face.

'Yes, well about that, mother called yesterday and reminded me of her gala tomorrow. It's a charity gala they throw every year since we moved to Seattle. I would understand if you don't want to go it is short notice.'

'No I'll go Mr. Grey. I just need to find a suitable evening dress.' Christian pulled the tray closer and hand me my tea. As he got to his coffee.

'Well, I can help with that. Save your work Miss Steele, we're leaving now.'

'Oh, okay.' I saved my work and called Hanna into my office and gave her instructions what to do before she have to leave tonight. After that Christian took my hand and pulled it through his arms as we marched up to Roach's office. Roach was so shocked that he jumped to his feet when he saw Christian and me.