Chapter Nine

~~Ana Steele~~

I'm lying in bed staring at the ceiling. Kate has fallen ill and now I have to drive all the way to Seattle to conduct an interview for her with a high society man a CEO no less. I just can't get Christian Grey out of my head as our play of last night keeps going around and around all deliciously in my head. He really is still such a handsome man and much hotter then the last time I saw him, yet somehow strict in a sexy kind of way. He would really make a great dom with proper training. Oh, what we can do to each other. Oh, man. Focus Steele you have an interview to conduct today and a three-hour drive to go through to get Seattle. So I got up, Kate's in her flannel pajamas with such a red nose that she might even make 'Rudolph the red nose rain deer' jealous. I inwardly made that joke and it stayed there as well, only a small smile play upon my face as I pass her on my way to the bathroom.

'Ana, I'm making tea.' Kate utter through a blocked nose from the kitchen.

'Thanks, Kate that would be nice.' I said as I close the bathroom door behind me. I really like Kate she is a real true friend the only one besides José. Both of them don't even know about my underground business and I intend to keep it that way. All they know is what I told them. That when I was thirteen my new stepfather raped me, that was it and that I have never ever been on a real date. Which is not at all a lie, well not since Christian and I broke up in high school.

Since that incident, I have never really had an interest in men becides that I let them pay me so I can beat the crap out of them which I think is much more fun and adrenaline challenging then any form of drug or real sex can do. I also like reading people's body language it comes with my dominatrix world secret. Hey, I need it so I can read my client needs and desires before they even know what they want. It is how I make my money in the first place. Yet here I am all done for the day and I dug out my office suite I got for my interviews, at the few publishing house I have applied to in Seattle. Once Kate and I graduate in a week or two we'll be moving to Seattle to go start our careers.

On top of that I still have to work my last four shifts at Clayton's store and so far every evening this week I have to fit in my elite members of my pleasure house in for an hour's play sessions, and to put the cherry on the cake, I also have finals starting next week and an essay to finish and hand in the day after tomorrow. Yes, my life is hectic at the moment, but that is how I prefer it. After that I was going to move in with Kate in Seattle but her brother Ethan is going to move in with her so I have to go find my own place in Seattle.

I almost have enough saved up to buy my own place near the Pike Market district. So while I'm in Seattle today, I am also meeting a real estate agent after my interview with Mr. CEO, before I head back to Portland. So yes my day will be a really busy one. I am busy drying my hair and pinning it up tightly. My office suite, pencil skirt and black frilly blouse with a black coat, since it started raining again. I put on some little make-up and slip on my black stilettos heels and was ready to hit the road. I finish my tea in the kitchen and looked over where Kate was elbow deep in her studies.

'My goodness, Ana. You look really hot. If I was Mr. Grey, I would surely ask you on a date.' Kate joked.

'Oh, come on Kate. I'm just me, nothing special about Ana Steele.' That couldn't be truer.

'Ana how many times do I have to tell you, you're a total babe.'

'Oh, please Kate. How are you feeling?'

'Pretty much the same, except now I can't breathe.' Kate stated the obvious.

'Well, I left you some chicken soup in the fridge with a few sandwiches for later. I might be back late. If I'm back in time I will be at the hardware store.'