Chapter Three

The week before the dance were hectic. Between work and school, everything was getting into a nice routine. I had to be little late on Wednesday for work since I had another fitting with mom at the tailors. As my itchy dress finally fit like a glove. I jogged the few blocks to work and got busy. Mother got the last of their wedding things paid for and now everything is booked and confirmed for their wedding at the Hilton hotel reception hall. School, was okay I studied my butt off for Spanish, English and biology class where we all had mini tests we going to wright.

So Friday evening came and I got home rather late. I went straight for a shower then climb into bed. Christian was at my window the moment I wanted to climb into bed. He came and lay down with me and before Steven came into my room he would hide and make sure I was alright before he leaves for his own home. I told him I'll be okay and will see him tonight for the dance. I have a hair appointment in town tomorrow morning which mom made for me, so it can be trimmed and blow dried for tonight's dance. So later on in the morning I got up got dressed and we took the bus to town so mom's hairdresser can work on my hair.

Her very feminine male hairdresser was a nice man and amazing with his hands in my hair. He trimmed my hair to perfection then set out to dry it. At the end I paid him and we took the bus back home. Steven weren't home he was on his work site. So mom asked me while I was finally getting ready for the dance if I still have the visitor coming into my room at night and I told her the hard truth and said yes. I braided my hair in a fancy way I saw on the internet and got to work on a little make-up not that I know how to use it properly. I got into my dress and mom zipped it up for me at the back.

'Oh, darling you look beautiful. Christian is a really lucky boy.'

'Thank you, mama. I'm sure I am the really lucky girl to have him.' I smiled at her then turn to look at myself in my mirror. I do look great in this dress. The doorbell rang and it was Christian. I grab my handbag then head downstairs. Christian saw me and his breath caught in his throat when he saw me. Carrick is driving us to the dance. Christian introduced his father to my mother and they shook hands and we were all off. Mom took a few pictures of Christian and me on the porch and in the garden then we were off.

'Sweetheart you look beautiful.' Carrick spoke up and helped me into the car first.

'Thank you, sir.'

'Yes, you do look beyond breathtaking.' Christian chimed in. We drove off and twenty minutes later through traffic, we got to the school. Everything was so lovely decorated. Carrick gave Christian a firm handshake and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. Carrick took a few pictures of Christian and me to show Grace later. We head inside and my very handsome boyfriend hand over our tickets to one of our teachers. He greeted us friendly and we walked to our table and got comfortable.

The nice music started and Christian and I took to the dance floor where we enjoyed our evening dancing and we even had a really great dinner. While we all ate I could feel the girls in the room's eyes on me as if they are really throwing daggers at me.

'You do know the whole rooms girls really hate me for being your date to the dance tonight.' I told him as I lean over to whisper in his ear.

'Really? There are other girls in the room?' He asked looking from me to the vast room. It made me laugh.

'Yeah, Mr. fancy pants.' I laugh some more.

'Well I don't see other girls in the room but you Miss Steele.' He spoke and empties his plate. 'Now tell me Miss gorgeous do you want to dance some more or do you want to go drink some coffee at Starbucks around the corner?' He asked me kissing my hands.

'Tea does sound nice. My feet are way too sore to dance another step.' We posed for our photo then we head over to Starbucks. Christian called his father and told him we are at Starbucks just around the corner from school and that we just walked in to have some tea and coffee. We ordered our tea's and coffee's and we sat quietly in each other's arms drink our hot beverages. Thirty minutes later we were picked up at Starbucks and we were driven home.