Chapter One

The first day of school is always so chaotic

The first day of school is always so chaotic. I got to the admin office and hand in my filled out the application form and the nice lady at the desk gave me my schedule and locker number. I head to my first class and as sure as I was breathing that boy from yesterday passed me in the hallway on my way to my class following the directions of the students I passed. He smiled at me and turned around as I just smiled and looked back at him. I finally found my class. I hand my slip to my new homeroom teacher and took in an empty seat at the back of the class. The bell rang and the first day of school starts. Our classes start off with a bang and I just knew that I am going to love high school. By recess, I drop off some of my books in my locker and head to the large cafeteria.

I got myself a salad and took in a seat and some of the girls in my class asked me to sit with them and so I got myself a few new friends. I later took out my book as the girls in my group started to go on and on about this cute guy named Christian Grey in tenth grade. They all pointed to him as they talked and sure enough, it was the very same boy from yesterday and a few hours ago. He is sitting by himself reading his own book. According to the talk around the table, his mother is a very good general surgeon and his father is a great defense attorney.

He has an older brother Elliot in eleventh grade and a younger sister that is in junior high. I ate my salad and continue my reading. After recess we all had four more class then we get to go home. I took the school bus home and sure thing Christian got off at the same stop as me so he must life nearby. With my nose in my book, I read while I walk while I keep my eye on Christian as he walked and stare at me. I was about to walk through our fens gate when he jogged across the street towards me.

'Hi.' He spoke up, readjusting his bag.

'Hello.' I replied feeling super shy now.

'So I see you're going to Jefferson High. How was your first day?' He asked me.

'Yes, it was okay, I guess. Oh, I'm Anastasia or just Ana for short.'

'Ana.' He smiled at me with his perfect snow-white teeth. 'I'm Christian Grey. Welcome to the neighborhood.'

'Thank you. Well, I have a few homework assignments to get through, so...'

'Oh, yes. Of course. Has anyone asked you to the homecoming dance yet?' He asked and I can see he is holding his breath for my answer.

'No, no one asked me. I am a terrible dancer. I was born with two left feet.' This made him chuckle. I commit that to memory it is the most amazing sound.

'Well, may I take you to the dance next week?' He asked full of confidence now.

'Can I think about it and get back to you tomorrow?' I asked.

'Sure. I'll see you at the bus stop tomorrow?'

'Yes.Of Course.' I smiled at him.

'Have a nice afternoon, Ana.'