Chapter 37- revealing secrets

I got up from the couch and dragged my feet across the floor when I heard the door bell ring. I know I look like shit right now with tear stained cheeks and a runny nose, but whoever was knocking was persistent.

I opened the door to reveal a mad, sleep deprived Myta. I began to close the door, I couldn't deal with this right now.

Her foot stopped it and she forced it back open, " don't you even try that on me. I am the grandmother of your baby!" She said enraged.

I didn't know what else to do so I lied, I needed to be away from all Herron's forever, "no it's not. I lied. It's not Zach's, it's another boys. He was a mistake that I cheated on Zach with and he's the one that got me pregnant. I just preferred Zach over him so I lied. Besides your son cheated on me, he doesn't need to be apart of my child's life." I said crossing my arms.

"Zach didn't cheat on you. Believe it or not. But what you just said, all of that." She pointed her finger at me and spun it in a circle, "that was a lie. And if it's not well you can't tell Zach yourself... in person." She said raising an eyebrow.

I felt the color drain from my face. "What do you mean in person?" I asked terrified even though I already knew the scary truth.

"After our very informative phone call last night he decided he needed to come back home for a few days while on break for tour." She said with a fake smile. She knew she was winning.

She walked out the door and I stood there frozen. "He'll be home soon. Enjoy your day." She said before continuing to the car.

I still stood there frozen holding onto the door for support. He can't come home he will see and he will know everything. He will know I'm lying and he'll ruin his tour.

I shut the door and ran for my phone. I had 26 missed calls from Zach and one paragraph text message, that I still hadn't bothered to read, so I'm sure he'll pick up.

I called and before it even reached the second ring he answered, "Rachel?!"

"Zach you can't come home." I said into the phone frantic.

"Why? I'm already on my way." He said.

Fuck. He can't see.

Zach pov -last night-

"You know that secret Rachel's been keeping..." she couldn't decide if she should tell him or not, "I think it's time I tell you something..." my mother hesitated

"...but I can't. I think it's time you come home just for a few days." She said and took a deep breath.

"I think I should too. I need to fix things with Rachel." I replied. "I'm coming home tomorrow."

"Ok, but you have to promise me something before you come home..." she said.

"Anything" I replied.

"You have to promise that you will go back on tour."

"I promise." I laughed a little. As if you could keep me from this. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said before hanging up.

Present time

"Why? I'm already on my way." I said and I heard her take a sharp intake of breath, she said nothing. I continued, "Rachel I didn't cheat. Whoever told you that lied. I don't want anyone else and that's why I'm coming back home. To fix us."

She was silent for a while, "What did your mom tell you?" She asked. What why did she care?

"All she told me was to come home. And made me promise to go back on tour afterwards, why?" I asked.