Chapter 30- 18

Smut warning ⚠️

Rachel pov:

I woke up with a smile on my face. 18 I was finally 18. I'm legal now, I can even vote if I want. It's kind of a big deal, even though like nothing is going to change and I don't feel any different, it's still a big deal.

I sprang out of bed with a smile on my face. I know I have school and all but it's my birthday and I have big plans.

I ran to my bathroom and turned on my straightener. It will take a good 30 mine to straighten out my hair so the sooner I start the better. While it heated up I ran to my closet and pulled out my favorite dress and vans. I only go so far when I look good and shoes are my limit.

It only took me about an hour to get ready. I did my make up too. That's right I went all out.

I smiled as I opened the front door. Zach was standing right in front of me with a bouquet of flowers with his hand up about to knock on the door. His face immediately held surprise, but he quickly smiled. I smiled back at him and then turned my attention to the 12 red roses he had in he bouquet.

As I looked back to him his expression had completely changed; his eyes were filled with hunger as he looked my body over. I squirmed under his view and self consciously pulled on the bottom of my dress.

His eyes snapped to mine and he blushed slightly but smiled really big. "You are stunning!" He said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his body. I giggled as he kissed my neck.

"Zach come on we have school" I laughed as I put my hand on his chest and pulled away.

Ughhhh he groaned and let go of me. He brought the flowers between us and smiled, "for you my birthday girl."

I blushed and grabbed them. I took them inside and put them in a vase.

Walking back to the door I grabbed Zach's hand and pulled him along to his jeep. He opened the door and helped me in before shutting the door and walking around. Once again he had a bag of donuts waiting for him and I as our breakfast.

I smiled as I thought of how perfect today was going to be.  Zach was so sweet all day. Honestly he was the perfect boyfriend.

Fast forward to theater class—>

"Hey Rachel!" Jack said as I sat down beside him.

"Hey jack" I replied tucking a strand of straight hair behind my ear that was in my way.

"Happy birthday! You look amazing!" He said.

I turned to face him and smiled, "thank you so much." I said before turning back and opening my script.

The bell for class to start rang and everyone took their seats somewhere in the first four rows of the auditorium. My classmates fell silent as Mrs. Rolland walked across the stage.

"I know I said you'd have 2 days to start rehearsing for auditions, but I will have meetings in a couple of days so the auditions will be taking place now." She said with a clap.

A few groans were heard and eyes were bugged out of some people's heads making me quietly laugh. I'm thankful I had memorized some of my lines the other night with jack. "Oh shit the other night with jack" I thought, "he tried to kiss me!" I internally screamed.  As subtly as I could I scooted as far as I could to the other side of my seat, the one opposite of Jack, and he didn't seem to notice.

I drew my eyes away from Hack when Molly stood up and yelled, "WE CANT IM NOT READY! I DONT HAVE MY LINES MEMORIZED!"

Mrs. Rolland gave her a look likes 'does it look like a care' and walked off stage without a word. I was internally dancing and laughing at Molly. Thank god I practiced last night.