Chapter 35- 18 weeks

Right now I'm 18 weeks pregnant. A little over 4 months. Zach has been gone a month. He calls everyday but it's not the same as him being here.

It's funny just yesterday I hardly had a baby bump and now it's like hello belly. I swear this thing popped up overnight.

I put on a big sweatshirt hoping maybe it would hide it a little bit, but no it's obvious.

"Hey honey, ready to go?" My mom asked as she walked into my room

"Yeah I'll be down in a minute." I said running a brush through my hair.

My mom left my room and I sat on my bed and brought my shoes to the right feet. I'm not even that pregnant and putting on shoes is impossible. My belly gets in the way every time. Here soon all I'm gonna be wearing is Gucci slides. Just kidding I don't own Gucci slides, but definitely slide or flip flops.

After like five minutes I finally had both my shoes on. I walked down the stairs to my mother who was waiting at the kitchen table.

"Ready?" She asked grabbing the keys.

"Yeah." I said following her to the door.

She opened it for me and my car door too. Mom slipped into the drivers seat as I buckled up.

"How many weeks are you now?" My mom asked as she put the car in reverse and pulled out of the driveway.

"18 weeks." I replied looking out the window.

"You know..." she said grabbing my attention I looked back at her, "you can probably find out the sex of your baby today." She smiled as she watched the road.

My jaw went slack as I stared at her with bug eyes. "A-are you serious? I could know if I'm having a baby boy or girl!"

"Yup!" My mom smiled even wider as we pulled into the doctors office parking lot. As soon as we were parked I unbuckled and waddled our of the car.

I was so ecstatic to find out if I'm having a boy or girl.

~~~

I slightly tensed as the Dr. Jay squirt some cold gel on my stomach. I smiled real big to my mom before I looked at the monitor that showed my baby. I almost started crying at how beautiful this moment was

I watched doctor Jay study the screen as a smile pulled at her lips. "Would you like to know the sex of your baby?" She asked looking at me.

"Yes!" I squealed out.

She glanced from me to my mom before back to me, "your having a baby boy!" She said smiling very big.

My cheeks hurt so bad from how much I was smiling. I started sobbing because I was so happy. I turned to my mom with blurry eyes, "a baby boy! I'm having a baby boy!" I said wiping my tears.

My mom squeezed my hand tighter, "oh I can't wait to meet my grandson." She said as a tear slipped from her eye too.

"Would you like me to send you the pictures of your little boy?" Dr. Jay asked.

"Yes yes please." I said nodding my head up and down profusely.

She printed a few and even sent them to my phone. I smiled as I stared down at the black and white image in my hand.

~~~

"Alright baby." My mom said as she caressed my cheek and wiped away a tear, "I don't want to leave, but I've been gone for far to long." She smiled and I nod my head in understanding.