Chapter 27- home

Zach pov:

I had a big smile on my face as I stood in Rachel's room and helped her pack. I was folding as quickly as possible. I heard Rachel let out a chuckle as she watched me. I dropped the shirt and turned to her and she quickly stopped.

"What?" Rachel asked blushing.

I walked to her and wrapped my arms around her, "I missed that laugh" I said pushing my face into the crook of her neck making her chuckle again. God how I missed holding her. It's unreal how perfect she fits in my arms.

"I've missed you so much." I said against her neck.

"Well I'm back. As long as you don't hurt me and lie." She replied.

I pulled my face from her neck and looked down at her "never again" I said locking eyes and pulling her tighter. Making her blush and look down. I took this as an opportunity to kiss her forehead.

When I pulled back and she looked at me she had a faint smile on her lips. God I want to kiss those lips. I want to make those lips mine again.

Rachel pov:

He started leaning in and I did too. And once our lips touched he became hungry for them. He kissed me so passionately and so rough like he needed it to survive.

Are we ever gonna stop this? Getting hurt and running back to each other? It's like a never ending cycle. We aren't even together!

I pulled away quickly with swollen lips. Zach looked confused and needy for more. He pulled me back in to kiss, but I turned my head and he kissed my cheek.

"We aren't together." I said putting my hands on his chest and lightly pushing him away. He looked down upset, but nod his head understanding.

I turned back to my clothes and began folding them again. Zach stood beside me and folded too. It didn't take long for us to finish. As I zipped up my suitcase Zach cleared his throat.

As I finished zipping my suitcase I turned to look at him. I was meet with those familiar chocolate brown sad eyes. He reached out and took my hand not the one zipping the suitcase. "Rachel I love you. I really do and I mean it. I want you to be mine again. I want you to be my girl. I want to hold you, to kiss you. Please Rachel be mine again. Please." He said.

"I-I I don't know. I love you too I do, but I can't go through all that pain again. I don't want to get hurt. And in the end I will." I said looking away and pulling my hand from his, "I can't be with you right now." I whispered looking back at him.

He nod his head but disappointment was evident in his eyes. I turned away with my suitcase ready to leave but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"If we can't be together, for now, then can you promise me you won't be with anyone else?" He asked.

I nod my head, "I don't want to be with anyone else." I said with a smile.

"Can we at least be friends?" He asked.

"Of course." He gave me a sad smile in return and we walked out of my bedroom door and to the living room.

"Jonah will be here soon and he will take us to the airport." He said sitting in the couch.

"Thank god. I can't stand one more minute of this cold weather." I said throwing myself back on the couch with a umph next to Zach.

He quickly picked up, "I know! It's so cold! I can't stand one more minute." He said laughing making me too laugh and calming the air around us.

Suddenly call me baby started playing startling me. I looked at Zach questionably, but he had a deep red blush growing on his cheeks. He looked down at his pants and pulled out his phone that was lighting up. The music got louder as he took it from his pocket. Immediately I started bursting laughing. His ring tone was call me maybe.