"You look nice" Dan smiles and I bite my lip.

"Thanks" I giggle. "Anyways, my friend and his girlfriend will be meeting us"

"That's fine" Dan says.

He puts on some music and we make small talk as I direct him the way to the shopping centre.

"Do you miss this place?" asks as the car comes to a halt.

"Sort of yeah" I admit and he smiles.

"It's cute, you look adorable when your talking about the places you've been and things you've done"

"Wow I thought I was tiring you" I laugh.

"I mean-" he fake yawns and I nudge him. "Look at us, at a shopping centre three days before our exam"

"Don't remind me" I groan and he takes my hand in his and I comply. Buddy said that he was waiting at the food court so we walk towards there.

"How's he like, this mate of yours" Dan asks out of curiosity I guess.

"I thought you met him?"

"You've mentioned him" he hums.

"Oh well he's lovely, he just has this big personality and he can make you laugh and feel safe no matter what. He's just so genuine you know"

"Hmm" Dan looks skeptically and I laugh.

"What?"

"Why are you so fond of him?"

"Aww are you jealous" I pinch at his cheeks playfully and he fluffs my hand away.

"Not at all" he states but I could see the hint of jealousy in him.

"You have nothing to be jealous about I promise. Me and Buddy are strictly friends and besides I'd never-"

"Never what?"

"Cheat" I say quietly and realise I just lied. I have cheated on him.

"I know you'd never" he smiles down at me making me feel even worse about myself.

"Oh there they are" I quickly take the attention away from me and run over to Buddy and embrace him into a tight hug. I almost forgot about his girlfriend and quickly let go.

"Hi, I'm Ella" I smile awkwardly, her sour face quickly turned into a sweet smile though there was something off about her that I couldn't ignore.

"Darcy" she smiles.

Dan finally catches up and he wraps his arms around my waist, presumably to show Buddy that I'm his.

"This is Dan my boyfriend and Dan this is Buddy my.. friend" I laugh and Buddy raises his eyebrow.

"Best friend she meant" he laughs and his girlfriend glares at him. "Oh and this is m'lady, the royal highness herself, Darcy Alexander" he puts on a faux posh voice which makes me giggle, Dan snorts a laugh and Darcy looks like she's about to chop Buddy's head off.

"Quite the comedian isn't he" she remarks and Buddy laughs not realising just how bitter that conmen really was.

"So I suggest we shop and then meet up in a bit to eat somewhere, sound good?" Buddy asks.

"Sounds alright" I smile and watch as Darcy instantly grabs Buddy's arm.

"Cmon babe, I need buy some shoes and makeup" she pulls him away and I watch as he shrugs his shoulders and follows her lead.

"Bitch" I mutter once she leaves and Dan lets out a laugh.

"She was extraordinary" he says sarcastically.