The Flight

At first, the feeling of wind in my hair felt good. Then it got cold. Really cold. So cold my butt felt like a popsicle. I could picture the headlines: Popsicle Butt Kid Found On Mysterious Island!

As we flew, I noticed parts of the island that I had never seen before, like a desert. I thought that was strange. We had travled all around the island and hadn't seen one biome besides jungle. I wondered if the edge of the island had been a hallucination or something, made by Herobrine, probably.

"Yes, it was a hallucination caused by my master. You are smarter than I thought, with all those popsicle butt thoughts."

The words sounded like rock scraping metal. I looked at the Wither. "Did you say that?" I asked.

"Yes. And yes, I can read minds."

I made a mental note to never think about anything private while the Wither was around.

"That would be a good idea."

Dang it.

So, as we flew towards the mouth of a smoking volcano, I tried to not think about anything.

"You know, thinking about not thinking makes you think more about want you don't want to think."

I "secretly" thought these words: SHUT UP!

I looked back over my sholder, and I could still see the camp off in the distance, and if I focused really hard on the town square, I could see all the kids looking around, trying to find me. I thought it wouldn't be that hard, considering that the Wither was glowing.

"I am glowing because I am using all my power to become invisible to anyone I don't want to see me."

Oh, well that explains it.

And then I gripped the Wither with both hands and braced myself, because we had began our descent towards the volcano.