The Lair (#1)

I stood for a second, stunned. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought the wither lived in the NETHER! Then again, a few days ago, I got attacked by a cow, so I guess weird was becoming kind of normal here. I quickly jumped onto a big rock in the square and started barking out orders.

"You! Assemble a team of archers! Kid in the yellow! Yes, you! Get all the swordsmen! I will be right back!" I yelled.

I ran into my house and threw my armor on. As, I bent down to grab my bow, I heard a shattering sound behind me. I looked up to see an arrow right above my head. I turned around. My window was broken. Looking outside, I saw the kid in the yellow staring nervously at me, a bow in hand. I decided to deal with that later. I grabbed my sword out of a chest and sprinted outside. The square was already a war field. The wither hovered in the middle of the fight, shooting poison at kids who were too close. I yelled at everybody and told them to back off. They did.

Now that everyone was just out of shooting range, and the wither stopped spinning around to shoot kids, I could get a good look at it. It had three heads and a funnel shaped body. And it was carrying a slip of paper between two of its heads, which was strange. It's eyes glowed, and just looking at them freaked me out.

Now that we had stopped attacking it, it ceased fire too. Two of its heads parted a little, and the paper fell to the ground. Then it looked at me, and I felt like I should grab the paper. I walked toward the beast and grabbed the note. It read:

So, you managed to destroy my pet cow? Well, he was getting old anyway. Now, back to the point. I remember telling you to NOT look for me. And what did you do? You came looking. So, we could settle this the way I want to do it, by killing you all. Or, we could make an agreement, and none of your puny "townsfolk" will get harmed. So, if you want to die, just don't do anything. However, if you want to save your friends, we need to talk. To find me, just hop on the back of the wither. Have a nice day!

Sincerely, H

Everyone crowded around me to try and read the note. I folded it and put it in my pocket.

"I need to go on a very important mission. A mission that could mean life or death for all of us. So, while I am gone, I leave Brad in charge. Don't panic. However, if I am not back in 15 hours, you can panic. So, while I am gone, try and heal the wounded, rebuild what was destroyed, and regrow the farm. Oh, and FIX MY WINDOW, YELLOW BOY!" And with that, I hopped on the back of the wither and flew of toward the heart of the island.