the Reckless and the Brave (Sequel to Scream, to be Heard)

Start from the beginning

It only increased it.

"We'd like to call Rian Dawson up to the stand first, please," a woman said. Rian went up to the stand, did the vows, and sat down. The people  (I don't know what they're called. I'm not good at government crap) started asking him questions about the kidnapping.

"What happened after you and the two Gaskarth's were kidnapped and left in the room?" He asked.

"They came up to us at the beach after a bonfire. They told us to get in the car. Alex said no and pushed Heather between us, but they threatened to shoot and so we got in the car. They took us to the house and made us go into some type of tunnel thing. First we tried to get service on our phones, but we didn't have any luck. Heather got tired, so I suggested the two of them try and sleep while I watched to make sure they weren't going to barge in and shoot like they had threatened to. They agreed to it. But Heather was scared and couldn't sleep so Alex started talking to her and singing to her to calm her down," Rian started.

"What did he sing to her?" He looked surprised by the question.

"Therapy, one of our songs, which means a lot to the two of them. He also sang some other stuff. Yours to Hold by Skillet, Untitled by Simple Plan, and Painting Flowers which he wrote for Alice in Wonderland. I think that was all," he replied. "And she started crying and asked if we were going to die. He said no, even though i know that he didn't believe it, and said that if anyone tried to hurt her he would kill every last one of them. He told her to go to sleep and everything would be okay. She said she trusted him and that she loved him and they both curled up and she went to sleep. Then we both started talking and agreed that if any of us got out it would be Heather, and then he went to sleep. I watched the rest of the night until the police found us," he finished.

"After the kidnapping ordeal, and during the Christmas holidays Heather stayed with you and Alexander. What happened then?"

"Nothing, really. On Christmas eve we all opened presents, then went to a church service and watched some movies. He and Heather stayed up and watched their favorite movie, but they both fell asleep in the middle of it. That morning they opened the rest of the presents and took her to the Guitar store where he got her a guitar and a new amp, then we went back to the house and played on that for a little while."

"Thank you. May we have Isobel Gaskarth?" I heard my mother's name and she did the same vows, and sat up at the stand. "You are their mother, correct?" She replied with a nod and a yes. "How far apart in age are the two?"

"Alex was eleven when she was born, and is almost twelve years older than her," she replied.

"How would you describe their relationship as a mother?"

"Everything you could ask for. They love each other so much and that's really all you can ask. He's always been nice and kind to her, always did what she asked and was willing to drive her around town and pick her up and take her to school, let her play with his stuff and go into his room, and things like that. When their band started getting bigger and going on tour he would always call her and talk to her. As you know he bought her a new guitar for Christmas and helped her get signed to Hopeless records, their second record label, and is helping her get her start by letting her be the support act on their next tour," Mom said.

"Would you trust your son to take care of her long-term?"

"Yes, I would. I trust him with Heather's life. He's very protective but still lets her have her freedom."

"Even after the accidents last year, as well as the kidnapping?"

"That only shows how much he loves her, in my opinion. They're inseparable. He's done an amazing job raising her this far, and I would trust him for the next four years as well."