1 // sunflower

"No! Don't leave!" she said as I held her hand. "I have to, Camila. My parents really don't want me here any longer because they think the system is shit and they think I'm not doing good in here." I said. "What about us, Y/N?" she asked, about to tear up. "I will still be calling you every day, I promise." I said. "Promise?" she asked and grabbed my cheek, sitting closer to me. "I promise." I said and I kissed her. It felt really nice. We were only 16, but we did not want to let go.

It was time for me to go. I didn't want to go, but I was forced to. I'm glad that I'm no near my abusive parents anymore, but I did not want to leave the love of my life. She cried in my arms last night. She fell asleep crying in my arms. Fuck, this hurts really bad. "Thanks, George." I said as he took my bags. George was my chauffeur. I grew up with him. I've known him basically my whole life. He was sad too. I held Camila's hands as we both walked out of the house. My parents, of course, were out last night and had no time to say goodbye to me because they're hungover and hasn't woken up yet. "I guess this is it?" Camila asked. "I will still be with you, Camila." I said and I held both of her hand while looking into her brown eyes. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tight. "I don't want to let go, Y/N." she said as I wrapped my arms around her. "I don't either, Camila." I said. We both cried as we hugged. "Y/N, you're going to miss the flight." I heard George. We pulled away and I still held her hand. She grabbed my cheek and I wiped her tears. "No matter where I am, I will still be with you, okay?" I said and she nodded. We kissed and I plucked a sunflower from the bush. "Here's something to remember me, Cam." I said. She took it and smiled softly. "Don't cry, all I want from you is happiness." I said. She tried to smile but that was enough for me. "Don't forget me, Camila." I said. "How can I?" she said and I let go of her hand. "Bye, Camila." I said and turned away. "Goodbye, Y/N." she said and I looked back to smile at her. She held the sunflower as tears run down her face. That was the last time I saw her. Her face, her smile, her voice.

Now I'm 22. It's been 6 years since I left Miami and now I'm here, in LA, finished school, a musician, it's fun. I haven't seen Camila in 6 years. I avoided her, I ignored her calls, her letters, everything and I was the one who promised her that everything will be fine. I'm an asshole. "Okay, Y/N. You ready?" the stage manager said. "I am." I said. "Alright. Cue spotlight." She said. I took a deep breath and I nodded. "3... 2... 1... show is on!" she said and I went on stage with one of my song playing. "Hello, LA!" I yelled and the crowd went crazy. "I'm Y/N Peters. I mean if you don't know who I am, why are you here?!" I tried to joke. "We're going to start off kind of slow, I wrote this song a few years ago but it's a new song of mine. It was hard to finish, so this is 'sunflower'!" I said and played the first chord on my guitar.

I want to know
Where I can go
When you're not around
And I'm feeling down
So won't you stay for a moment
So I can say
I, I need you so
Cause right now you know, that nothing is new
And I'm obsessed with you
Then I fell to the ground
And you smile at me instead

I don't wanna see you crying
You don't have to feel this emptiness
She said I love you till the day that I die
Maybe she's right
Cause I don't wanna feel like I'm not me
And to be honest I don't even know why
I let myself get down in the first place

I'm trying to keep my mind at bay
Sunflowers still grows at night
Waiting for a minute till the sun's seen through my eyes
Make it down down, do-do-down
Make it do-down, du du du
Waiting for a minute till the sun's seen through my eyes

The crowd sang with their hearts out; this always makes me happy.

You know you need to get yourself to sleep and dream
And dream of you and I
There's no need to keep an open eye
I promise I'm the one for you

Just let me hold you in these arms tonight
I'm lucky to be near you
You can see it in my face
But when I fucked my shit up too many times
Why would I let myself get down in the first place

I'm trying to keep my mind at bay
Sunflowers still grows at night
Waiting for a minute till the sun's seen through my eyes
Make it down down, do-do-down
Make it do-down, du du du
Waiting for a minute till the sun's seen through my eyes

And so she sat me down and told me that I didn't have to cry
Said I didn't need to get down and feel empty inside
And told me that she love me for as long as she's alive
And well, maybe she's right, cause I hate it when I feel like I'm not me
See, I honestly, don't even know why
I, I honestly don't even know why

I slowed down this next part but the crowd still sang.

I'm trying to keep my mind at bay
Sunflowers still grows at night
Waiting for a minute till the sun's seen through my eyes
Make it down down, do-do-down
Make it do-down, du du du
Waiting for a minute till the sun's seen through my eyes

The show went on for around 2 and half hours, it was really amazing to see how many people showed up. I've been in the industry for a while now, but everything is still feels real. I went backstage and my girlfriend, Billie greeted me. "Oh, you were amazing out there!" she said and hugged my sweaty body. "Thanks, Bill. I really need a shower, so I'll meet you in the dressing room later, okay?" I asked. "Okay." She said and I kissed her. I winked at her and went to the shower room.

------------------------------------------------------

I KNOW BILLIE IS 16 IRL DONT FITE ME LETS JUST PRETEND SHE'S 20 YEARS OLD IN THIS BOOK OKAY THANKS