Chapter 72

Chapter 72

It was 1:00am when he came stumbling through my bedroom door. Why did he do this to himself? Why did he do it to me? He was going insane... but I knew we could go insane together.

"Harry?" I called through the darkness.

"Naomi?" He asked, and my heart sunk. Who's Naomi?

"No... it's Ariana." I sighed, and he tripped over to me. I could smell the liquor lingering on his breath.

"Oh. I drank too much." He put his finger to his lips, and moved them around, acting like a little boy.

"Come here." I demanded, and he fell on the bed, his head resting on my stomach. I picked his head up, and tried pulling his legs on the bed.

"How did you get here?" I asked, fearing the answer. If he drove-

"Naomi dropped me off." He licked his lips. "She's so... sweet." He said, and I wanted to scream. Who was Naomi? I knew I couldn't ask though, because he was drunk. Although, maybe I should ask now. He probably wouldn't even remember anything in the morning. That or he would lie.

"Who's Naomi?" I asked.

"Naomi?" He repeated. "She's that girl... that girl from the bar." He smiled. "She's really nice."

"Why did you talk to her?" I asked.

"We didn't talk much."

"So... what did you do?"

"Why does it matter?" Oh, maybe because we love each other, and you can't just go off and do something like that.

"I'm just wondering." I lied.

"Well, do you really want to know?" No.

"Yes." My mind kept saying different things.

"Well, in that case... we just-"

"Nevermind, I don't want to hear it." I cut him off.

"But you just-"

"I changed my mind." I said, more sternly this time.

"Suit yourself." He closed his eyes, and rested his curly hair on the pillow next to me.

So much for this space thing.

"I thought we weren't supposed to be doing things like this." I started.

"Things like what? We aren't doing anything, babe." He bit his lip, and put his hand on the inside of my thigh, sending sparks through my body.

"You should go back to your room." I suggested, even though it was only half true.

"No, I'm comfortable." He pouted.

"Well, I really think you should-"

"No." He stated, and I closed my eyes.

That morning, I woke up with Harry next to me. I tried to climb over him to take a shower, but he stirred in his sleep. He groaned, and I thought he was going to wake up, but he didn't.

Once I was successfully in the shower, I tried to drain out all of the thoughts and remnants from last night. Whoever Naomi was, and why he slept... was with her. The way his usual green eyes were a dark shade of brown, and the way his curly hair was a mess.

I turned off the shower, and hopped out, wrapping myself in a towel. I threw my hair up in a towel as well, so it could dry faster. I couldn't believe him. I couldn't believe he would just go off and sleep with another girl. I don't care how drunk he was, he should've been able to at least consider the situation first. And consider the consequences, because I most certainly am not happy.

"Fuck." I heard Harry mutter, and I turned around.

"Shit!" I screamed, and turned back around. I had been so caught up in my thoughts that I had forgot he was in here. When I had walked out of the bathroom, I had immediately dropped the towel, and my bare back was towards him as I was looking through my closet for an outfit.

"I forgot you were in here-" I stuttered.

"Trust me, it's completely fine. I've missed you, believe me." He smirked and licked his lips as I put a bra and panties on.

"Did you?" I asked, and looked over my damp shoulder at him. "Did you really?"

"What do you mean? Of course I did."

"Then why did you sleep with Naomi last night?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes when he realized the serious time in my voice. He looked in my eyes with concern.

"What the hell are you talking about? Who's Naomi? And I never slept with anyone last night..." He lied.

"You're lying, Harry! Last night you dragged your feet across this floor at one in the morning, drunk as hell!" I was crying now. "And now you don't even have the balls to tell me the truth?"

"Look," he stood up, and immediately sat back down again, from his headache. "I don't remember much from last night, but I know I never slept with anyone. I would never do that to you, Ariana. It doesn't matter what place we're in with our relationship, I could never live with myself knowing I had done that."

"You're still lying! Last night you were about to spill all of the details about what a great time you had with Naomi, whoever the hell that is, when you-"

"Naomi." He whispered her name, and repeated it over and over.

"Yes, her." I rolled my eyes. "You just-"

"Naomi was a lady who drove me home last night because I was so drunk." He said, but I still didn't believe him. Why should I?

"Yeah right, and why should I believe you?" I asked.

"Because, please just trust me." He stood up, and I could tell it hurt his head, but he squinted his eyes, and pushed through the pain.

"No... Harry I'm tired of this." I sighed, and he took my hand in his. "I deserve somebody who at least gives a little shit about me." I scoffed, and released my hand from his.

"Ariana, Naomi was like 60 years old." He said, a clear glossy coat of water forming over his eyes.

"You're sure?" I asked.

"Positive." He nodded.

"Okay." I nodded, and he backed away to the bed again. "My head hurts like hell."

"I wonder why, oh wait, probably because you were with Naomi." I joked.

"Can we get back together now?" He asked.

"No." I quickly shook my head.

"No?" He repeated.

"No." I said.

"Why?"

"Because you basically told me you never loved me."

"No, no, I never said that." He shook his head. "I still love you, I always have, and I always will. People may want me to move on... but I can't. I just can't. I can't live without you, and I can't breathe without you, and-"

"Stop." I cut him off, and put a shirt on over my head. I wiped my tears away with one hand, and looked at the wall behind Harry.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." I sighed, and quickly slipped some shorts on before walking out of my room.

"Ariana!" Louis yelled, and picked me up, spinning me around as soon as I walked downstairs.

"Whoa, good morning to you to?" I laughed.

"Is that her?" Paul yelled, and I heard multiple footsteps racing up the stairs.

"Good news!" Zayn's face spread into a bright smile.

"Why's everyone so happy?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Guess what?" Liam smiled.

"What?"

"Alex got arrested!" Niall smiled.