Chapter 40

Chapter 40

"Ariana! Ariana!" Harry's voice yelled, and someone started shaking my arm. I could hear him, but I couldn't se him; my eyes were closed, but I didn't want to open them. "Ariana, please." He said again, his voice cracking a little at the end. My hand was soon in someone else's hand; a bigger one. Harry. I thought. But where was I? I was lying on what felt like a bed or some cushion, but it wasn't too comfortable. I was being rolled around, like I was on a cart, and the ride was bumpy. Soon, the bumpiness stopped, and I heard beeping, like a heart monitor, near me.

"Please, can I come with her?" Harry asked softly.

"Are you family? Friends?" Another voice asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Which one?" The unknown voice asked.

"You're wasting time! It doesn't matter, get in the damn ambulance already!" Another unknown voice yelled, startling me. The bumpy ride then continued, with the sound of sirens surrounding me.

"What happened?" Harry cried, not letting go of my hand.

"You saw it, we didn't." One of the voices said.

"Stop it!" Another voice said. "She was yanked off of the stage, as you know, and we think something may have happened to her shoulder. But then after she was in the crowd, she was pulled down onto the floor, where many people were trampling her, and hitting her." Someone said. What the hell is going on, and what happened to me?

Soon the sirens and bumpy ride stopped and I was carried onto another bed, my eyes still closed. A few minutes later, I only heard silence, and only felt Harry's hand in mine.

"Ariana..." Harry started, and sniffled. "I don't know if you can hear me... or if you're listening, even. But I love you. So, so much. I'm so sorry about Victoria, and everything. About what I said. But the truth is... we are close enough." He said, making my heart drop. "But it's never felt better." He finished. "Ariana, I love you, and I never want to let you go. So if you can here me, tell me. Say something... please." He said, his voice cracking at the end again.

"I love you." I said after a minute of silence. He took a deep breath, and hugged me. I tried to open my eyes again, and I did. He pulled away from the hug, and I looked into his red and puffy eyes.

"I love you." I repeated, and he chuckled a little bit.

"I love you so much, Ariana, I love you." He smiled. "Which is why I got you something." He said.

"Harry, you didn't have to get me a present." I smiled.

"Ariana." Harry said, and let go of my hand. He pulled out a small black box from his back pocket, and my heart dropped. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't ready for-

"Don't worry." He laughed. "It's not a proposal, I can tell by that look you thought it was." He said, causing me to blush. "Ariana, I love you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you; when we're both ready. And I'll wait for you, and we'll be in love forever. I want to treat you right. I want to wake up in the mornings, and cook breakfast for you. I want to laugh with you. I want to cry with you. I want to love with you." He said, making me cry. "I want to get married one day to you. I want to have children one day with you. I want to grow old with you by my side." He said, and opened the black box, revealing a ring. It was silver, and I knew it was from Tiffany's, my favorite expensive jewelry store. It was dotted with small diamonds, all the way around the whole ring. I gasped, and tried to see it through my blurry vision.

"I love you. So this is a promise ring. I promise to do all of those things I just said. Because I love you." He said, and slipped the ring on my finger. Now he was tearing up, and I was bawling, and he hugged me. A hug that was long and well needed.