Chapter 74

Chapter 74

Zayn picked me up, and carried me inside with two strong arms as I continued to pretend I was asleep. He couldn't sleep, because he was watching me sleep? I think most people would be creeped out... but I didn't know what I was feeling. It definitely wasn't creepiness though; it was more of this insane, twisted feeling: but a good feeling, that made my stomach get butterflies.

"Would you get the door?" Zayn asked.

"Sorry," Niall chuckled, and I heard the front door open.

"I'm gonna take her up to her room, can you-"

"I'll take her." Harry insisted, sending a giddy feeling through my body, like a child.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Liam asked.

"It's probably one of the best ideas I've had in a while." Harry responded.

"He has a point." Louis laughed.

"Fine." Zayn huffed, and Harry's familiar hands slipped under my legs and back. I shifted bodies, leaving Zayn's warm one, and entering Harry's warm, yet familiar one. Instinctively, I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, and planted a soft kiss under his ear. I heard his heart beat excelerate, and I smiled when he didn't remove my arms from their grip.

"Don't do anything stupid," Zayn warned him.

"Stupid's his middle name." Louis cracked up.

Harry ignored them, and walked up the stairs, to the end of the hallway, and to my room. He gently laid me down on the bed, but I didn't let go of him. I kept my arms wrapped around his neck, and he tried to loosen my grip, but I wouldn't let him. Eventually he gave in, and laid down on the other side of the bed next to me.

"Harry?" I whispered after a few minutes of silence. He seemed startled, like he had really thought I had been asleep the whole time.

"Yes?"

"I heard what you said in the car." I admitted in fear. Was he going to be mad? Probably.

I was mistaken when he pulled me closer to him, and I laid my head on his chest.

"Of course you fucking did." He shook his head, and I caught a glimpse of a smile play on his perfect lips.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"For what?"

"For keeping you up last night. And listening to your conversation." I explained.

"Don't be, you have nothing to be sorry for." He kissed the top of my head. He was taking this much better then I had expected him to.

We're completely acting like a couple now... are we? No. No matter how much I want to be, I can't forgive him. He basically said he didn't want to get married. So that meant if we got back together, then we would only be dating.

"I still love you." He whispered, and I wanted to say the same. Instead I got out of bed, and stood up straight.

"You don't love me anymore... do you?" Worry and sadness spread across his face, and I wanted to melt in his arms and tell him it was going to be okay. It pained me to see him this way, and I hated every bit of it.

"Of course I still love you," I shook my head, and crossed my arms. "But we can't keep doing this. Acting like we're together, when we're not."

"Then let's get together." He suggested.

"But you told me you didn't want to get married. So what happens next? We just go back to dating?"

"Yes..." He trailed off, and looked like he was about to say something else.