Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"What are you doing on this plane?" Alex asked.

"I should be asking you the same." I said.

"Yeah, but we both know I like it when my questions are answered first." He smirked.

"I'm going home." I said.

"To do what? Everyone's dead." He almost laughed.

"Yeah, that's not really funny. And I'm going home to just see my old city. You should also know that if I could open that window, I would shove you out." I said.

"Yeah well, you can't open it. And we're in mid-air."

"I know. So what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I'm going back to high school." He said.

"Really?!"

"No, I'm too busy." He laughed. Damnit.

"Well don't try to find me in New York. The city's too big and I'll be hiding." I said.

"You'll hide?" He laughed.

"Not really, but don't go looking for me." I said, and my phone rang. I answered it, slowly.

"What?" I snapped.

"Ariana, you need to come home!" Louis said.

"No I don't, and I physically can't right now." I said.

"What are you talking about?" Niall asked.

"Are you passing the phone around?" I asked.

"You're on speaker." Zayn said.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"Um..." They hesitated. "Liam, Zayn, Niall and I." Louis said.

"Well what I was saying was I'm on a plane."

"A plane?!" Liam yelled and I heard everyone take a deep, mad breath.

"Get home now." Zayn said.

"I can't really... not like I can just jump off." I said.

"I'll help push you." Alex said from next to me.

"Who the fuck was that?!" Louis yelled.

"No one." I said.

"Alex." Someone whispered, and it sounded exactly like Harry. Great.

"I said no one, and next time, don't lie to me. I know you all are there, and I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Paul was to." I said.

"Ariana." Uncle Paul said.

"What the hell, guys!" I yelled.

"Ariana, get home as soon as you can. You um... you have an interview tomorrow night." Uncle Paul said.

"An interview? Why? And why didn't anyone think it was a good idea to tell me this before you scheduled this interview?" I asked.

"Look, everyone wants to know who this 'mystery girl' is that has been seen everywhere with Harry." Liam said.

"Well did you ever think I don't want to tell some snobby tv show or magazine about my personal life?" I asked.

"Get home please." Uncle Paul said.

"No! I'm on my way to New York and I don't wanna do some stupid interview! I'm not the famous one! Why can't they ask Mr. Harry Styles about it?" I asked.

"Because they already did. And they want to know what's going on before we..." Liam trailed off.

"Before you what?" I asked.

"Ariana, please come home." Harry's voice said, and the line went dead.

I fell asleep on the plane, and Alex didn't bug me the whole time. I got to New York at 11:00am, meaning it was about 3:00pm back where everyone else was. I took out my phone while I was getting off the plane.

"Hello?" Alyssa asked.

"Pick me up from the airport?" I laughed.

"Ahh! I'm on my way!" She screamed, and hung up.

Alyssa picked me up and we drove back to her apartment. I walked inside, giving Margaret a big hug, and going into Alyssa's room. I filled her in on everything that was going on, and just as I finished, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Are you coming home?" Lucy asked.

"What?"

"Niall told me what happened. You'll lose the internship if you don't get back to work by Monday." She pointed out.

"Shit." I said, putting my head in my hands. "What am I gonna do?" I asked.

"I suggest get on a plane before that interview." She said.

"I hate this." I said.

"I know. Please come home?" She begged.

"Okay." I said, hanging up.

"Who was that?" Alyssa asked.

"A friend from work. I'll lose this job if I'm not back at work soon. I have to leave tonight." I said.

"I hate you." She frowned.

"I hate me to." I laughed. "But if they really want me to do this interview, I'll do it. As long as I don't have to come in contact with Harry." I said.

"Right. Well first, let's get you in some decent clothes... what are you wearing?" She asked.

"I don't even know, Harry got them for me. I guess I was too drunk to notice. Also, I'd like a shower, maybe some makeup remover, and something to eat. Oh and obviously some new clothes." I said.

"Of course your majesty." Alyssa laughed. "Go take a shower, I'm picking you out some clothes." She said.

"Thanks." I grabbed a towel, getting the shower. I stepped in the hot water, letting all the bad thoughts slip away. I washed everything, including my face to rid the makeup from just last night, and got out. I dried my hair, letting it fall into its natural loose waves. I walked out of the bathroom, and opened Alyssa's laptop. I booked a plane ticket for tonight, and got dressed in the clothes Alyssa had given me. I grabbed my phone and charged it in Alyssa's charger. I changed into white jeans, a light purple vineyard vines polo, and a colorful patterned vineyard vines belt. I slipped on some Sperry's and put on a little makeup. I left my hair how it was, and walked to the kitchen.

"Hey gorgeous." Alyssa said.

"Hey beautiful. My plane leaves at 4:00 today. I'll get there around 1:00am because of the time change, so that gives us about three hours to do whatever." I said.

"Alright, cool. Well now that you look amazing, we're going shopping." She said.

"Good, I have gone too long without shopping. I also didn't even bring anything here so..." I laughed.

"Let's go!" She squealed, grabbing her keys, and dragging me out of the apartment.

(do you think Ariana will say something at the interview she'll regret? mmm... xx)