Chapter 86

Chapter 86

Moving day, great.

Yesterday I had informed the paps about what was going on in my life, and about Harry. I woke up this morning and it was all over every magazine cover, every website, and even the tv. I also woke up to the smell of smoke.

"What's that smell?" I asked quietly, as Alyssa walked into the room, handing me a cup of tea.

"The movers are here, putting stuff in their truck. Then they're gonna put it on some plane or boat or something, and we're off!" She smiled.

"How much do they smoke in a day?" I asked, and slowly sat up to take a sip of the hot tea.

"I don't know." She laughed. "Get dressed soon, our flight leaves at five, so we'll leave here around four."

"What time is it?" I asked before she left the room again.

"Noon, the girls are getting lunch."

Noon? Lunch? It's that late already?

I thought about Harry and if he had seen any of my little speech about never wanting to see him again. But I thought about it, and I started caring less and less. He hurt me, and I could never take him back because of what he had done, even if I wanted to. He hadn't even tried texting or calling me since the hospital, and I was getting a little bit worried. Louis mentioned he hadn't seen him in a while.

I'm sure he's fine. And I'll be fine... but it will take time because whenever I'll look at my kids, I'll see him, and only him. Even Cassidy looked like him... she had the same bright green eyes. Which is why I'm so upset, but I have to force myself to move on. I can never go back to him because of what he did to me, and how he left me.

I got out of bed, and hopped over to my wheelchair, sitting down in it, and wheeling myself into the kitchen. Alyssa was making eggs, and I said hello to the moving guys before going over to her.

"Hey so how are we-" I started, but squeals from the front door cut me off.

"We're home!" Hailey's voice traveled through the small apartment.

"Oh, sorry!" Lucy laughed, and stepped to the side so the movers could somehow fit a couch out the front door.

"We got lunch." Alli smiled at me, and put the to-go bags on the counter.

"Okay, what were you saying?" Alyssa laughed.

"How are we getting their cars there?" By their cars, I meant Alli and Lucy's because Hailey never needed a car, since she just always drove Alli or Lucy's, I still didn't have a car, and Alyssa never had one. In New York, you didn't need a car unless you had small children, because you either walked or took a cab everywhere you went.

"We're shipping them." Alyssa answered. Alyssa still lived with her mom the last time I knew, and she was moving out for the first time. She still refused to get a car though, and she said she would use Lucy or Alli's. I, on the other hand, needed a car and it was the first thing I was going to do when I got there. Cabs could get really expensive, and since I'm having two kids, I needed all the money I could save. And a car.

I grabbed a small sandwich off the counter and wheeled myself back into the room I was staying in. I got up, hopped over to my dresser, and started getting dressed into better clothes.

When I was finished getting ready and eating, it was already one. I wheeled back out into the main part of the apartment, and Hailey was sitting down on the couch next to Alli, laughing at something.

"Where are Lucy and Alyssa?" I asked, looking around, and crossing the room to them.

"I don't know, they kind of just left." Hailey shrugged, and I told them I'd be back soon. I wheeled out of the apartment and past the moving guys, and down the hall to the elevator. I got on, pressed the button for the lobby, and waited.