Getting butterflies

Rory's POV

I met with the agent and his boss, they thanked me for helping them out. They told me she would get at least get ten years maybe more and with parole she'll be out in five to eight it all depends. Now I was headed to the restaurant to meet Logan for dinner. I make my way to the table and he grins at me.

"Ror, I heard you won the case and a bombshell that left both Finn and his dad speechless." He says laughing.

"I did indeed it was a funny sight." I say laughing with him.

"Other than that, how was the rest of your day?" Logan asked curiously.

"Finn asked me out on a date. The agent and his boss thanked me and told me what would happen to her." I say off handily.

"Wait back up and rewind what about Finn?" He asked amused.

"He asked me on a date." I say barely audible.

"Wow that's great." He enthused.

"Really?" I ask skeptically.

"Yes Ror he's a good man. I know you loved Tristan but you have a love waiting out there for you." He says.

"You know when I was in the hospital in my dream Tristan said the same thing." I say looking lost.

"What else happened in your dream?" Logan asked worriedly.

"He showed me my future kids." I say.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"Apparently I find love again and have kids. He showed me my well mine and my loves kids." I say.

"Wow, he's right it's your destiny." He says and I look at him wide eyed.

"Were you in my dream? He said that too." I say shocked.

"Ror, he was an amazing man. He will always love you. You need to be truly happy again like you were with him." He says passionately.

"I know, it's just that I haven't felt that way until recently." I say whispering the last part.

"You did really who?" He asked like a teenage girl which made me laugh.

"Finn" I say.

"How so?" He asked curiously.

"Since the party, saving me from Robert. He cleaned up the blood and the way he looked at me. I just get butterflies when I see him. I haven't had that in so long." I say looking down.

"Rory you should know something." He says sadly.

"What is it?" I asked concerned.

"When you passed out in the hospital and your heart failed it broke Finn to see you like that. I've never seen him cry. Hell, I've never seen Colin cry either but he did." He says sadly.

"You know Finn asked me why he didn't meet me before." I say.

"Yeah I told him that after you lost your fiancé, you did go to the same events but left early. You worked constantly all the time." He said.

"I know that's basically what I told him." I said laughing.

"You know, I'm glad to see you smiling more. I noticed at the event how you and Finn were it was nice to see the carefree Rory again." He says quietly.

"I know since Tristan's passing I haven't been the same. It's not only because of him it's grandma Emily as well." I say with a tear going down my cheek which he wipes it away.

"What do you mean?" He asked concerned.

"She's always pressuring me. That's why I have grandpa and Mom getting me out of weekly dinners cause after I leave I feel funny. I know what it is, but I don't have proof." I say honestly.

"Ror, you don't think she had something to do with what happened to you? Do you?" He asked curious concerned and confused at the same time. I look away from him.

"Please talk to me." He begs me.

"The last time I went to have lunch with grandma Emily, I excused myself for the restroom. I walked past the kitchen and saw her adding something to a meal. You know she doesn't do that she doesn't cook, she orders people what to do. After that lunch I felt off. I try not to eat what she hands me." I say.

"Does anyone else know about this?" He asked truly concerned.

"No, I don't have proof. Also Robert has been bothering me again." I say sighing. Before he could ask anything my phone rang. I excused myself and went outside.

"Hey Finn." I say smiling.

"Hello love, I wanted to see how the rest of your day went and also to talk about our date." He says cheerfully.

"Good I met with the agent and his boss he thanked me and said she'll do ten years or more and maybe parole five to eight depends on good behavior. I'm at dinner with Logan and talking about how to deal with grandma Emily and Robert." I say the last part whispering.

"What have Robert and Emily done now?" He asked concerned.

"I'll tell you later." I say.

"Alright." He says hesitantly and was silent for a moment.

"I will pick you up for seven tomorrow dress comfortable." He says evasively.

"What are we doing?" I ask curiously.

"Not giving any hints you just have to wait and see." He says laughing.

"Fine I'll see you tomorrow." I say. We both said goodbye and I headed back inside. I make my way back to the table and sit down.

"What has Robert done?" Logan asked not sugar coating it. I sigh and shake my head.

"Sending flowers, notes stuff like that." I said irritated.

"You can file a restraining order." He said.

"Hello lawyer here and for some reason it's being rejected." I say.

"I wonder why?" He muses out loud. Conversation changed to what was going to happen in the upcoming weeks with events and work. He told me that uncle Mitch loved the article that I wrote and was happy considering I was in the hospital. After dinner we both said our goodbyes and went our separate ways to go home. As soon as I got home I went to the office to work. I worked until two in the morning and went to sleep.

I woke up the next day to my cell ringing. I moved my hand across my night stand to feel for my phone. I picked it up

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Love your still sleeping?" He says laughing lightly.

"Yeah I was up til two AM working on something." I say.

"Is it a new case?" He asked curiously.

"No, it's something personal." I say getting out of bed to make my way to the kitchen.

"Love you got me worried. You sound off is everything ok?" He asked worriedly.

"I've been better. I'm just dealing with something." I say lost in thought.

"Love how about I bring some food over and you can talk to me, it sounds like you need it." He says in a caring way that melts my heart.

"Ok I'll see you soon." I say and hang up. I make my coffee and think of the things I'm having to deal with. Next thing I hear is someone at my door knocking. He's quicker than I thought, I answer the door and am shocked at who I see standing there.