Wont stop meddling

Rory's POV

The week passed by quickly and tonight is the night of the event. I am wearing a cobalt blue cocktail dress that is form fitting with my hair in loose curls and minimal makeup. We arrive at the venue and I make my way in, passing the paparazzi cameras going off all around me. I make my way inside and see my Hayden grandparents.

"Grandma, Grandpa how are you?" I say giving them hugs and a kiss on the cheek.

"We're good dear, how are you?" Grandma Francine asks me.

"I'm good just finishing up a case." I say smiling happily, as we're talking my Gilmore grandparents make their way to me.

"Rory dear how was your date with that wonderful young man Robert?" Grandma Emily gushes.

"Awful and don't set me up again." I say as sweetly as I can to her.

"Rory please you need to be with someone, it's been four years since he died and Robert is a perfect match." Grandma Emily spouts.

"That was insensitive Emily." Grandpa Richard says.

"Grandma he tried to force himself on me, that is not the kind of man I want." I snap at her.

"Emily no more fixing her up she can find her own man." Grandpa Strobe says adamantly.

"If you'll excuse me, I need some air." I say and make my way to the balcony. I'm looking out at the garden when I hear someone behind me.

"You ok?" He asks me concern lacing his voice.

"No, grandma Emily was really insensitive." I say sadly.

"What did she say?" He asks concern with a bit of anger lacing his voice.

"Practically that I need to move on, he died four years ago, oh and that Robert is my perfect match." I say with a tear running down my cheek.

"Oh Ror." He says and engulfs me in a hug.

"I just haven't found the man for me yet Logan. All they want is my money, status or sex. I want love, real love like I had with Tristan." I say with unshed tears lacing my voice.

"I know you do, you deserve the best. Come on let's get you a drink." Logan says soothing me. I nod and he escorts me to the bar. As we're walking we run into the DuGrey's.

"Marcus, Nathalie, Janlan how are you?" I say giving them hugs and a kiss on the cheek.

"We're good dear. We still on for lunch next week?" Nathalie asks.

"Of course I miss you guys." I say smiling at them.

"So Rory, when will we expect a new family member?" Marcus asks with a smirk.

"When I find someone who can love me the right way." I say.

"When you do we want to meet him." Janlan says firmly. I nod and say goodbye and we make it to the bar. Even after Tristan passed away I was still a daughter to them. They just want me happy and to find love again. They are a second family to me and it will always be that way.

"It's great that your relationship with them is still there." Logan says in awe.

" I know, they lost Tristan they won't lose me. They're family to us and always will be." I say smiling.

"I know and I'm glad they are great and they are family to me as well." Logan says sincerely. As we're talking some people come up to us.

"Hey mate how are you? Leigh always a pleasure." Finn says

"So Logan is this your newest flavor?" Rosemary sneers at Logan.

"Ewwwwwee" Logan and I say in unison with disgusted looks on our faces.

"What eewww? Your both attractive people." A blonde girl with curly hair says.

"Guys she's my cousin and that's just wrong and yes she is beautiful but I don't swing that way." Logan says shaking his head.

"Anyways Rory this is Steph, Rosemary, Colin and you already know Finn." Logan introduces me to them.

"How do you know Finn?" Colin asks.

"She's Dad's and my lawyer."Finn says proudly.

"Your a lawyer?" Rosemary asks.

"Yes, you might have heard of me Leigh Hayden." I say.

"Wow your a shark." Colin says awe struck. Before anyone else can say anything Elias and Mitchum comes our way.

"Princess." Elias says

"Grandpa Eli." I say hugging him.

"What was the heated conversation before with you and Emily?" Uncle Mitchum asked concerned.

"She said a insensitive remark about Tristan and said I should be with Robert. I told her Tristan was a great man and I'll be with someone who loves me. I will not be with a man AKA Robert when he tried to force himself on me. That dress is completely ruined because he couldn't control himself." I say muttering the last part.

"Now what was that last part?" Eli asked inquiringly.

"Grandpa you know how I told you I had to rescue Rory?" Logan asked them.

"Yes we do what happened?" Mitchum asked worriedly.

"Well I brought her back to my place because he ripped her dress and left impressions on her arms." Logan says pulling me in for a hug.

"He did what?" Mitchum bellows angrily.

"Yeah he did, damn he's here." I say irritated as hell that he was here.

"Where?" Eli asks.

"Talking to Emily." Logan says pointing their way. As we're talking mom and dad make their way to us.

"Rory there you are, I just talked to Dad. Him and your Hayden grandparents are putting a stop to grandma Emily now." My mom said.

"What is she doing now?" I ask upset.

"She's setting up another date with him." Dad says.

"Unbelievable, ever since Tristan passed she's been making my life hell forcing men on me. I need air I can't take this anymore." I say and storm back outside with a drink in hand. The nerve of her she can't stop can she, she was always trying to set me up. Next thing I know someone roughly grabs me by the arm and turns  me around towards them.