Chapter 23: The one who repainted my world

Aphmau's P.O.V.

I couldn't sleep so I went into the living room to get a book or/and some snacks. I left my room half asleep. I trotted to the bookcase only to see a dark figure covered in blood.

"Aaron...?" I said groggily. "Yes.. That's me.." Aaron whispered, but something seemed off. "Why are you here...? And bleeding ...?" I asked sleeply.

"It's okay.. You don't need to worry... I'll be fine... Just go to sleep..." Aaron answered me. "You sure...?" I questioned. "Yes... Go to sleep.. Tomorrow will be different..." Aaron whispered, patted my head and smiled a little.

He sat down at the dining table with a lit candle. I grabbed a book, some cookies and a cup of tea and went back to my room.

Soon after starting reading the book my eyelids started closing and I fell asleep....

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

I woke up from the a creek of a door. "Aph!! Aaron!! It's Katelyn and Zane!!" I heard Katelyn's voice yell. I exited my room and invited Katelyn and Zane, that were hallway, to sit at the dining table.

I went to the kitchen to get some tea for every one of us and call down Aaron, but my actions were stopped by a loud thud. I ran back to the dining room to see Katelyn on the floor on her knees and Zane holding his mouth.

"What is it...?" I ask. Then I look at the dining table to see a letter and the two handles of Aaron's swords with shattered blades. I carefully picked up the letter with my shaking hands and started reading the letter.

"Dear, Aphmau, Katelyn and Zane,

I'm sorry.. I have to leave this place to keep you safe. I lost everything back then, I thought I will never live a life worth living.

But you guys made my life matter. If not for you I wouldn't have any friends. I wouldn't have felt this regret for taking lives without reason. If not for you, I will have killed more than I have..

Katelyn... Sorry for those times I got angry and slashed your room to pieces. But remember that time we saved a kitten? And we let him out into the wild? I saw him once and he was happy.

Zane, remember we hypnotized a whole guard station and played around with them? That was funny... By the way, sorry for that time I hid your sword and watched you find it.

And Aphmau... I'm sorry for that time I smashed the pots on the ground and you needed to put them back into the cabinets.. Thank you for everything you did for me,  for your help and for your healing. You repainted my world from black and red into all the colors of the rainbow and more.

I will return... someday.. maybe... but Aphmau... If I don't return, don't cry. Smile... smile for me, you stupid potato...
                                    ~Aaron"

I started to cry, some blood spatters were left on the paper. "Wha-What is this...?" I asked the two others. He left us..? Why...? For our safety..? I don't need to be safe if he won't be with us— no me...

"His swords... are here... I know Aaron's strong but.... I'm still worried..." Zane said. "Aaron... He's like a brother... You promised us Aaron... That we are like siblings... And we'll die together... you lied???" Katelyn murmured, her eyes tearing up.

Such thoughts rang in Aphmau's head:"Aaron... Why did you leave me..? You wanted me hurt..? I don't understand you... I just warmed up to you... Do you hate me..? What did I do wrong...? Even though you left me you are the one

Who Repainted My world..."

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

So... This is the end.. There will be a sequel!! Cause I already have thoughts about the sequel and a cover...

Fact: All the covers of my books and most of the drawings in this books are drawn souly by me!

Like always by me.
     This is the end..
See ya, Author, Mist

P.S. Sorry it's so short