Chapter 13: Sinners guarding me

Aphmau's P.O.V.

I gathered my thing as soon we are going for a one night camping trip! It will be fun. I'll be going with Garroth, Vlyad, Laurence, Kawai~Chan and Nicole. I was the one that left them so we need to catch up!

I packed my backpack and suddenly, out of nowhere, Aaron talked to me:
"Where are you going?" He asked. I jumped from his voice. "Yes, I am. And you aren't going with me." I said, strictly.

He lowered his head. "Why not...?" He asks. "This is only for my friends here. I'm sorry but you can't come.." I said sadly, petting his head.

He was nothing like the person I knew back in Ein's cage. He was much calmer, quieter and more gentle. He was no where near a killer. If I didn't know he was a murderer then I wouldn't have guessed that.

Even though he didn't show his emotions, I could differentiate them by his aura. It was much like lighter then back then. Atleast he doesn't go around with his swords unsheathed.

I left, leaving Aaron standing there, just standing. I came to the fountain and met only Garroth, Laurence and Vlyad. "Are Kawai~Chan and Nicole late?" I giggled, all the guys nodded. As soon as Kawai~Chan and Nicole where there we went into the forest.

I knew it very well, because I traveled it a lot with Ein and the others. In the lie I told to my friends that where left here, I was locked up. And the others too. There were no killers and no killing.

I tried to find a place that I found a long time ago. It was a clearing with a little stream flowing through it. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was nice.

I felt I was somewhere near, but not quite. "When are we going to be there?" Vlyad groaned. "Not much longer, Vlyad! The place is very close." I answer him. I saw the sun set and I got scared without Aaron, Zane or Katelyn by my side. I just know much more...

We finally came to our destination. All of my friends wowed. I smiled proudly. "This place is amazing, Aph!" Laurence cheered and kissed my cheek. I got a little startled but It was okay.

We all started unpacking all our stuff, putting down our tents. I sat in my tent with Nicole and Kawai~Chan and rambled abou nothing while the three guys have made a 'Who will start the fire first'. Garroth is winning.

"Why didn't you invite Aaron~Kun?" Kawai~Chan asked. "Well I wanted to invite my friends from Phoenix Drop, and I thought he would be the odd one out!" I chirped. "Aww.. But you two look kinda cute together... And you are completely opposites! He is the quiet shy guy type while you are the cheerful and social gal." Nicole said.

I blushed a little. I don't really know why, but he is just always so cute. "Oh! Aarmau!" Kawai~Chan exclaimed. I blushed again.

Soon the moon started to rise. The campfire was started the moment I thought I needed light. I wanted to fall asleep the same moment but Nicole made me stay up and listen to her scary stories.

"So you all know the Death cards, but I've heard the Death card of Joker is ruthless and careless of other people and the rumors say he lives in the cursed forest and kills everyone that enters." Nicole exclaimed with her spooky and giggly voice.

Well, Aaron isn't that ruthless and he cares about me, Katelyn and Zane. And he lives with me and he knows most of my friends and he is cute.

"I heard the Card of Ace can wield fire and burns villages to a crisp. He has claws for hands and a glance from him can set you into flames!" Vlyad said scarily.

Well first of the Ace is a She and that's Katelyn. She just has bear claws as weapons. And it's her ability to set her fists on fire without burning. Aaand she doesn't set thing on fire with her glance.

The stories didn't go for long until I fell asleep. Then suddenly I woke up about an hour after I fell asleep because of a ruckus deeper in the woods. I went there and saw dead bandits on the floor with three shadows towering the bodies.

Those were Aaron, Zane and Katelyn. "Aaron? Katelyn? Zane? What are you doing?" I questioned them. "We are protecting you." Zane answered me.

"You were.. spying on me?!" I yelled quietly. "We were worried and we knew there were bandits in this area so we stayed near by." Katelyn said feeling guilty.

"But... you killed them..." I said sadly. "It's fine... We are sinners and if we add one more sin to our lists... nothing will happen." Aaron whispers quietly, emotionlessly like always.

"Guys... I... I don't want you to kill anymore..." I smiled lightly. Katelyn and Zane smiled lightly. Aaron stayed silent.

I returned back to tge tents leaving the trio to their business...