Chapter 9: We want to be free...

Aphmau's P.O.V.

I wake up only to see the normal boring grey ceiling. How I miss the bright sunshine in my room. I wanted to get outside, see the sun once again and I had the chance. I needed to get wild fruits and vegetables to eat.

Katelyn went with me. We went out to see the bright sun shining. "Sun... shine... long time no see..." Katelyn smiled. Her smile was very genuine. She seemed so bright.

We always went outside at night so the sunlight was something new. "Come on! Those oranges won't wait, Katelyn!" I cheered. I liked oranges and apples!

We got carrots, apples, oranges, cabbages we even got some meat. We brought it all into the dungeon. Gene made Zane cook the meat. We put the fruits on a plate and one apple disappeared in a millisecond. I looked behind me and it was Aaron who took it.

"Like apples?" I asked, he nodded in response. I went to Katelyn's room with a plate of food. She looked at the ceiling.

"Katelyn... do you wantt to run away?" I asked her. "I can't. My father and brother will be killed, like me. Plus I will feel very guilty for  leaving you, Zane and Aaron here. I know Aaron and Zane for many years and I can't just leave them here to die." She replied

"I understand... I couldn't have left if my friends were here." I said, "By the way, how did you comprehend you needed to stay with your mother's killer?" I asked again.

"Well, it was bad at first ,but when I understood how he was helpless against Ein.. I knew he was forced to kill for no reason... He is sweet and as kind as someone could be. But I know that he has a horrible past and he doesn't deserve it." Katelyn answered me.

"He truly is.." I mubbled. "Huh?" She questioned. "No, nothing" I said as I ran to Aaron's room. I carefully opened the creaky, scratched up door. I peeked in and saw Aaron sitting with a candle in front of him. He didn't have is normal bandanna on.

He bearly noticed me. "Hey Aaron, I have a question to ask, for how long didn't you see the sun?" I asked, quietly. "I didn't see in it about 20 years..." Aaron responded.

"20... years?" I stood there in shock. He just nodded.
"Do you want to see it?" I asked.
"No..." Aaron answered.
"Why not?"
"My eyes look red in the sunlight.."
"You don't like your eyes red?"

"It's a curse in my existence. I exist only because of them."
"What do you mean?"
"One in the world will have this curse at a time. The next in my lineage will have this curse after I die."
"Why is it such a curse?"

"I cannot live without blood of humans.."
"Like a vampire?"
"Every half a month I need to drink a cup of blood. That's the curse I live with. You can't free me from it..."
"You don't deserve this curse.."
"Huh?"

"You are a sweet guy you don't deserve it."
"Why do you think so? I killed so many people and you still think I'm good? You are strange Aphmau..."
"If you could ever leave... would you?"
"If I were to leave alone... Never, Katelyn and Zane became like a sister and brother. I can't leave them."
"I hope they knew you said that.." I mumbled.

I stepped out of Aaron's room and bumped into Zane. "I heard what you were talking with Aaron and I surely can say for every one of us. We just want to be free from Ein even if we don't want to get out." Zane said camly.

I want that too...

All We want is to be free
From Ein's clutches