Chapter 17: Something unexpected

Aphmau's P.O.V.

I wake up from a loud pound on the door. As I got downstairs to open the door, the pounding got even louder and I heard a light metal clank.

I opened to door only to see two guards. "Miss Aphmau Phoenix, I believe?" One of the guards said, I nodded in response. "We will escort you to the mansion of Lord Ro'meave." The second guard said to me.

"Wait-- I need to ask my mom!" I said, slamming the door in their faces and running to my mother.

"Mom?! Why are the guards after me?!" I yell to her. "Oh, I thought that they will come later so I could tell you, but I guess I need to tell you now..." She said.

"Tell me then!"I shouted. "Well, I arranged a marriage for you. With Garroth. I know you like him so don't try to tell me that---" Mom answered. "Mom! Why? I want to choose my own fate..." I started to cry. Mother patted my head saying, "Garroth is a good guy, I know he'll be a good husband..." She smiled.

I tore away from her and ran into forest, crying.

<~>~<~>~<

I ran for about an hour and started to get tired. I sat down in a clearing and cried. I suddenly saw a something blue in the corner of my eye. "Aph?" I heard voice. I turned my head to the voice and it was Katelyn.

"O-Oh, hi Katelyn." I sniffed. "What happened?" She asked sympathetically, sitting next to me. "My mother arranged a marriage with Garroth... I don't want to marry him.." I answered. "That's sad..." Katelyn paused as she considered something, "Oh.. Ohoho!! Look, go to the ceremony and I, Zane and Aaron will ruin it... But beautifully!" Katelyn smirked.

"Are you sure..?" I said with some hope in her. "I swear apon the name of The death card Ace the Firefist." Katelyn replied. "Thanks... I have hope in you.." I sniffed. She stood up. "By the way..." Katelyn said, "Kill me if I ever lie to you, Zane or Aaron, litturally...". As she said that she walked away.

I came back home to see the guards at my door gone and my mom in her room, worried. I walked into her room, she turned to me and hugged me. "Sweetie!! I was so worried! Half of the guard station went out to find you!" Mother cried.

"Mom.. I'm okay with the marriage.." I whispered. "I would give you out for Garroth anyways." Mom answered, looking at me with a serious and straight face.

Katelyn's P.O.V.

"Guys... We have a huge problem..." I say. "I know.. Garroth is going to marry Aphmau." Edge Lord says a.k.a. Zane. "Does she want it?" Aaron whispers barely audible for anyone other than me and Zane.

"Want what?" Zane asks as though he didn't understand. "If Aphmau wants to marry Garroth, I'm okay with it... If she doesn't I will kill him." Aaron murmured again. The word 'kill' didn't mean a lot to him, nor it did for us.

"As long as I know, no. She was crying about it when I saw her in the forest." I said, sadly. "That blondie..." Edge Lord faceplamed. "You know he is your brother..." I replied.

"If he touches any of my close friends, I swear I will forget that he is my blood brother and kill him without hesitation." Zane answered me coldly. "Murder your blood brother in cold blood... Now that I think of it only we could do such a thing..." I said and smiled sadly.

"Plan in short. Sneak into the Lord's mansion, burst into the ceremony hall, get Aph and run away. Get noticed, knock them out. No killing. Aaron south, Katelyn east, I west. All to south, the hall is there." Zane explained, all nodded.

"Tomorrow five in the cevening. All separate." I said, as Zane's hallucination dissolved in mid air. Good that he has such a power to hide us. "Jury of black out..." Zane said and disappeared.

"Bye, Katelyn." Aaron whispered and jumped out of the window. This left me alone in my house.

You know Aph... If it wasn't for you, we all would still be there in the dungeons. We three have to repay you for freedom, even just a bit...