Chapter 16: My loyalty lies with you

Aphmau's P.O.V.

"Aphmau... Stop trying to make him human, he never was one..."

I wake up to a quick ending sound of swords clashing. I run to my window that leads into the back yard. It was Katelyn dropped to the ground while Aaron was towering over her.

I ran outside, in my nightgown, to not let him kill her. "Aaron.. You got stronger since we last sparred.. The last time I could get two of my magic hits before I was on the ground.." Katelyn said, breathing unevenly.

The thing is Aaron and Katelyn weren't the only ones there. There was Zane and Laurence, along with Garroth, Travis and Vlyad.

"whistles Is that going to turn into a morning kiss?" Travis whistled all perverty like, after seeing me in my nightgown. I quickly run behind the door and slam it shut.

I heard Travis being smacked by Katelyn, Garroth and Laurence. I change into different clothes but another sparring match didn't start yet.

"Who is up to the challenge to spare with me?" Zane says with excitement. "Why not?" Laurence laughs, "You are probably weak, edge lord!".

Zane and Laurence stand in their battle stances and it all starts. Suddenly a half-transparent black mist surrounded Laurence's head.

"Wha?!? Garroth?!? Cadenza?!?" Laurence yells. "Go easy on him, he is still a newbie.." Katelyn giggles and smirks.

Zane slowy comes closer to Laurence and puts his sword to Laurence's neck. The black mist dissolved as quickly as it came. "How realistic are my hallucinations? Are they weak?" Zane said with pride and smirked.

"Wha..?! What in the name of Irene did you do to me?!?" Laurence yelled as Katelyn and Zane both laughed.

"If you could just see your face, screaming 'Garroth?! Cadenza?!' HA" Travis laughed along.

"What was that?!" Laurence asked all confused and scared. "My own made magic. Hallucination magic... A mix between dark and nature magic." Zane explained.

"I'm bored..." Aaron mumbled. "So then let's spar Aaron!" Vlyad cheered. The match started. Vlyad was extremely speedy and I felt Aaron holding up from striking his organs.

But in half of minute Vlyad's chest was under Aaron's foot. "Irene! You are fast, even I, the fastest in the Phoenix army am no match to you! Where did you learn such skills?" Vlyad said, grinning brighty.

Katelyn and Zane look somewhere to the side. "A guard academy..." Aaron answered plainly. "Well, you should consider joining the Phoenix army! You would be of great help!" Vlyad chirped.

"Guys! I'm going to collect herbs!" I warned everyone. They nodded. I went into the forest with a basket. I calming skipped around collecting different edible and medical herbs.

I heard a rustle in the bushes but didn't think of it. "It's probably a rabbit." I thought. I starrted walking back, because I got everything that I needed. Suddenly I saw a silver shine in the corner of my eye.

I jumped back as bandits surrounded me. Then red flashed before my eyes. I stood there shocked as metalic shines and red color flashed.

As the bodies of bandits dropped I saw Aaron by my side. "You don't need to go alone..." Aaron said quietly and emotionlessly. "Y-You killed the-them?" I stuttered. He nodded

"I will save you. No matter where you are. No matter in what position I am. I will go against everyone and anything to save you. I cannot let you die." Aaron said looking at me.

I suddenly panicked and hugged Aaron. He flinched. "Bring me home Aaron.." I cried. He picked me up and walked home.

"What the--?!? What did you do to her you bastard!!" Laurence ran up to me and Aaron,  yelled at Aaron, as I was still in Aaron's arms.

I turn my head to Laurence and said: "It's okay Laurence, I just got really scared because of bandits---" I was cut off by Laurence shouting, "WHAT?!? Bandits?!? Did they hurt you?!?".

"No, Aaron saved me just before that." I replied and smiled as Aaron put me down. I went into my house, Aaron following me close.

"Aphmau.." He whispered quietly, "My loyalty lies with you, until the day my blood stops being warm.".

My back was turned to Aaron. I started to cry. I turned around and hugged him tight. "Aaron... You don't need to put yourself in danger... just because of me... It's okay..." I cried.

"A couple more scars won't hurt... I've been and seen worse..." Aaron said quietly.