Dilemma

"That's absurd!" You cried. Blood rushed to your cheeks. You couldn't believe anything the police were telling you. Even when they've explained multiple times, you refused to believe them.

"Calm down, sister." Arias told you, resting a hand against your shoulder.
Then she turned to the men in uniforms, "are you sure this is not a mistake?"

The head officer nodded and proceeded to take something out of his breast pocket. It appeared to be a photo.

"Is this your father?" He asked, handing you the photo.

You took a look at your father's lifeless body and gasped.

"It seems so..." you turned to look at Arias' and Karma's concerned faces, then turned your gaze back to the police men. "...but how did this happen?"

The policemen only shook his head. "We cannot say for sure right now. It may be a murder, since there were traces of that possibility."

"Murder?" You gasped. You knew your father was involved in some pretty nasty things, but you never expected a murder to happen.

"Yes. We also found this letter in the pocket of the victim." The man said before taking out a small envelope from his own pocket, handing it to you. "The letter was addressed to you. That is how we found you."

You took the envelope with a puzzled expression. Nothing made sense to you.

Just as you were unfolding the peculiar envelope left by your late father, you were interrupted by a knock on the door.

The door slid open a second later, revealing a tall and skinny police officer who stepped in. He made his way towards the head officer and proceeded to whisper something into his ear. The two men nodded before turning to look at the three of you.

"Do anyone of you recognize someone by the name (y/n) Arias?"

Your eyes winded and you opened your mouth to say something before you stopped yourself abruptly. Wanting to look at your sister for confirmation, you instead met her concerned and surprised expression.

Why is the police looking for her?

Initially, Arias was shocked. But it was now replaced with calmness.

You watched as Arias stood up silently. And by instinct, you reached your hand out to touch her arm. She only turned around and gave you a ghost of a smile before turning away.

"I am Arias."

The policemen looked at one another and nodded.

"Will you come with us to the station?"

"Yes." Your sister replied lowly before she began to make her way to the group of policemen.

"Wait!" You cried, "This must be a mistake!" You were not sitting completely upright. "There's no way my sister did anything wrong! You can't just take her away!" You screamed.

The policemen looked troubled.
"She is a suspect. Even if later she was discovered innocent, we must take her to the station for questioning."

"You're mistaken! I'm sure of it." You continued to protest, tears welled up at the corner of your eyes as if begging this not to happen.

"Miss, I understand how you feel given the circumstances- "

"Please!" You wanted to say more, but Arias did not let you.

"That's enough, (y/n)." Your sister cut you off firmly. Then turned to the police. "Please take me away."

You gasped and suddenly your heart felt heavy. You could not feel the pain of your injuries because your body felt numb. Everything happened too fast and nothing seemed right. If Arias was so willing, it could only mean one thing. But you refused to let that thought cross your mind. Your head hung low and a lump formed in your throats. Then you felt the feeling of Karma's hand embracing yours.