Love of a sister

"Are you feeling any better, (y/n)?" Karma asked you softly, kissing along your shoulders.

"Well, considering my head feels like mush, my legs are broken, and I just had surgery on some fucked up internal organs, I think not.." you mumbled, sighing at the fact that you'd be cramped up in this room for awhile.

Karma chuckled through his nose, "yeah, it's a miracle you're able to sit right now. Where does it still hurt?" He asked against your skin.

You pretended to think for a moment before scowling, "Hmm.. I don't know, maybe everywhere?!"

He looked up at you in a frown before smirking. "Ahh..." he sighed dramatically, "what am I going to do?"

You looked at him confused and irritatingly before suddenly blushing when you felt his hands go under your shirt and his face pressed against your chest.

"W-what the-! Karma!" You squealed.

"Let me give you some special treatment to make you feel better~" Karma purred, smirking at you.

"S-special treatment?" You sweat dropped.

"Yup!" He winked at you cutely before moving his hands to grab the clasps of your bra.

"H-hey, wait!" You gasped, your face turning red, "Karma, you can't be serious!" You cried, pushing him away from you, which only resulted in him clinging onto you stronger.

Karma giggled when suddenly a familiar feminine voice cut through the two of you, interrupting your moment.

"Alright, playtime's over you two."

Immediately, you pushed Karma off of you and fixed your clothes. Jumping when you looked up at who the person was standing at the doorway.

Blushing, you spoke up at the girl who smiled at the two of you, "A-Arias! Why are you here?" You asked embarrassed, although caution was laced in your tone.

"I just thought I'd come visit you after I heard that you awoke." She said with the same fabricated smile and voice as always.

"..." you didn't answer, not because you didn't appreciate her visit but because you didn't know what to say after your last encounter with her.

There was an uncomfortable silence before Arias spoke up.
"May I have a moment with my sister?" Directing her question towards Karma.

Karma merely nodded and rubbed your hands soothingly before unwinding your fingers. Then he gave you a small smile to reassure you before leaving the room.

As soon as the click was heard from the shutting door, Arias' smile was no longer evident, but now was replaced with worry, sadness, and guilt. She ran towards you and embraced you in a warm hug. Her face pressed against the side of your head.

"I was worried sick about you." She cried softly. Her voice was no longer fabricated and it felt like she was actually human for once. 

She clung onto you as if you'd disappear if she leg go and suddenly you felt relieved. Your previous doubts and worries left you and you hugged her back tightly.

"I'm sorry..." you mumbled. Not knowing what to say. You just felt so relieved. Maybe because you were happy that Arias still worried about you, and was able to stay true to her emotions at times like this.

"Don't apologize." Arias whispered, her voice was so calming, it reminded you of mother, "idiot sister, why did you have to go and hurt yourself like this."

"I'm sorry.." you mumbled again, without thinking.

"No.." you felt her shake her head, " I'm the one who should be sorry." Arias said and for a second she sounded so sad.

Her arms tightened themselves around you.

"Arias?" You suddenly asked after a small silence lingered between the two of you.

"Hmm?"

You paused. Thinking of a way to say what you wanted to say. But you didn't know how. No, that didn't matter right now, Arias had done so much for you, it was your turn to be the older sister that you are. Because at this moment, Arias didn't seem strong to you anymore, but a vulnerable young human girl who has endured much too long.

"You could cry if you want to." You whispered.

Arias seemed taken aback by your words when you felt her breathe hitch.

"You could cry if you want to." You repeated. "You kept them in all these years right? There's no need to do that anymore. I'm here, I'll give you a shoulder to cry on." You were smiling and your voice was genuine.

Suddenly, you heard small whimpers and Arias' body trembled lightly.

"Just like that... you can let them all out to me." You continued to whisper soothingly and you ran your hands through her hair softly.
It wasn't long until her sniffs and sobs were clearly audible.

"Idiot sister..."

------------

Enjoy some feels :) Arias seems to be a character people have a lot of debate about so I felt I wanted to focus on some development between you two
Also Happy New Year 🎊