Jealousy

By now, it's been a good ass two hours, you thought it was time that you go downstairs.

You swung the door open and ran downstairs to the front door.
But neither Karma nor Arias was to be seen.

Did he leave already? Hmmph... he didn't even say goodbye.

You slumped your back, disappointed, before walking back to your room.

As you lay on your bed, you groaned, flipping and turning, not being able to rest at ease. Million thoughts went through your mind.

What did they talk about?
Were they talking about me?
Why didn't Karma say goodbye?

Oh no.

Did Arias convince Karma to leave me?!
Did Karma decide he loved Arias more than me?!
No no no no no.
Are they not downstairs because they went somewhere? Together?! While they're laughing at my pathetic self?!?!?!

"Ugghhhhhh!!!" You groaned loudly, sitting up abruptly, while your fingers tugged on both sides of your hair harshly.

"What the hell am I thinking?!" You said loudly. "Karma would never do that and Arias would never do that!!" You said even louder, almost as a scream. "Idiot, you're overthinking!"

Arias would never do that.
Karma would never do that.
Curse me for ever thinking so.
You scolded yourself for not trusting them.

But you still felt insecure.

You became quiet and slumped down against your bed.

Damn.

You slowly extended your arm and reached for your phone.
Scrolling through your contacts, you spotted Karma's name.
Maybe I should just call him.
A finger hovered above his name, seemingly hesitant to click it.

Why am I hesitating? Am I nervous? For what?
You felt irritated at yourself.
What is there to be nervous about?
I'm just checking if he's okay... right?

You took a deep breathe.

Your heart pounding at a fast pace, the room was so quiet all you could hear was your heart beat. Then you lowered your finger just as your phone began to ring loudly, the sound hitting your ears.

"Yahh!" You jumped out of surprise, your phone dropping to the floor with a thud.
Quickly, you bent down and swept your phone up, reading the caller ID.

It was Karma.

You picked it up immediately and yelled into the phone, "You scared the shit out of me! And where are you?! Why didn't you tell me when you left?" You began a train of questions frantically without waiting for a response on the other end.

You waited, then you heard a chuckle.
"Whoa, calm down, (y/n)."

"How can I when I'm worried about you?!" You yelled.

"Okay... okay, I'm very sorry. I thought you might be asleep and didn't want to disturb you."

"Well, I wasn't! I was waiting for 2 hours!" You whined.

"How was I suppose to know? I'm sorry, princess." He sounded confused.

"Hmmmph!" You pouted.

"Wow. Were you that worried about me? You sounded mad." He teased.

"Because I am mad. You can't tell?!" You yelled again.

"Okay okay geez. I was just teasing. Why are so you mad?" He asked, his tone no longer playful.

"Because you didn't say goodbye!"

"Is that all?"

"No. Of course not. You didn't say goodbye and then you were talking to Arias for so long, I thought you two might...!"  You blurted.
Fuck. You stopped yourself before you said anything stupid.

You waited for an answer but he stayed silent, so you went on.
"Ugggh. Whatever, forget about it. I'm mad at you!" You whined.

"Oh, I think I know why you're mad now." Karma finally said, his tone sounding playful once again.

"Whatever..." you muttered, embarrassed.

"Hmm? Is my princess jealous?" He teased.

Your eyes widened at his unexpected answer and you kept silent. You heart beat accelerating as seconds past. Suddenly, ever sound was drained out and your head felt heavy.
Karma had only meant it as a joke, you knew, but somehow it hit you like a truck.

Jealous?

Was what I was feeling really jealousy?

Your heart clenched.
In all honesty, you had felt the same irritation you felt that same night Arias had told you to stay away from Karma.

"Oi, you still there?" Karma asked, breaking the silence.

Suddenly, you felt angered. But angered at yourself. The type of anger when you feel ashamed. If what Karma had said was true, you would deny it. Yes, it is not true at all. Someone like you feeling jealous? No way.

"Me? Jealous? Are you kidding me?" You finally said abruptly, your tone coming out meaner than you intended.

You heard a faint gasp on the other end, "hey, I didn't mean to hurt you." Karma said softly, with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Oh but you did. Why would you ever think I was jealous?" You said coldly.

What the fuck am I doing? (Y/n) snap out of it. Karma did nothing wrong. You're just feeling irritated, don't take this out on Karma.

"(Y/n), I'm sor-"

Your finger tapped against the end call button harshly.

You threw your phone somewhere in the corner of your room and let your weight fall onto the bed on its own.
Then you covered your eyes with the back of your hands.

What was this feeling?

You felt angry.
But this time, the anger was different.

You felt angry because you knew Karma was right.

-----------------

Hey guys! Omg I'm so sorry for not uploading for like a whole damn month. I've been so busy, and I know I've said this before but I hope you all could understand that college is coming up and I would rather put my educations and everything else irl first before Wattpad. It's so important to me here but I really do care about my future.
So with that said. I thank everyone who has still been sticking with me, I love you all ❤️ I hope you enjoyed this chapter!