Split Personality

I wanted to wait longer to post but I couldn't wait to get to the drama so yah >;3

When you slowly began to walk back home, it was after 3:00 in the morning and you genuinely wished no one was awake.

Especially Arias.

What would you say to her if you saw her? What would she say?
Surely it would be unpleasant.

As you neared the building, your heart pounded against your chest. Your nervousness replaced with fear.
You hoped father didn't know that you were eavesdropping.
It would be the end of you if he knew.

Quietly, you entered the gate. It was dark and you tiptoed towards the staircase. Ignoring the elevator as you knew it'd be too loud at this hour.

Climbing cautiously, you were relieved that no one seemed to be awake.

Finally you had reached the seventh floor. It was so dark and so quiet that you had begun to feel your nerves tingling. You had a slight fear of darkness.

As you neared your bedroom, you made a quick decision to walk past it and down the hall towards the balcony. With so many things happening, you weren't in the mood for sleep. You needed some alone time to breathe.

You shivered when you stepped outside. It was much colder on the seventh floor compared to the way home when you were on ground level.

You made yourself comfortable and gazed towards the city scenery.
It was a beautiful night, the moon was bright, the stars were glistening, and your found yourself relaxing.
Closing your eyes, you took a couple deep breathes. The wind was cold, and you felt it travel into your lungs.

It was a quiet night. Too quiet almost. The only sounds were the howling of the wind and occasionally a car engine in the distance.

If only you could feel this peaceful everyday...

Suddenly you jumped. Your peaceful trance being interrupted by the sound of the balcony door sliding open.

Your heart fastened. How did you not notice sooner?

A million thoughts ran through your head and quickly, you turned to look at who it was.

Your heart tightened. And immediately you were on guard.

Of all people...

"Father..." you uttered quietly, almost as if you didn't want to disturb this quiet night.

He had an expression that you couldn't quite figure out. But he was smiling and the moonlight illuminated his face in ways that made you shiver.

"Enjoying the night?" He asked. His voice came out smooth but so cold you could feeling the needles in his tone piercing your skin.

He was up to no good.

And you were in trouble.

"..."

"Silent treatment?" Your father chucked.
"I don't mind."

You continued to stare him down. You sensed danger.

"You wouldn't be able to speak after this anyways." His smile stretched to that of an evil one.

Hesitating, you asked slowly, "what is that suppose to mean?"

He tiled his head, his every movement only confirmed your suspicions. A dangerous aura surrounding him.
"Did you think I wouldn't know? That you were secretly listening to my conversation with Arias?" His voice wasn't mad but rather amused, in an evil way.

He was insane.

You noticeably gasped. And mentally scolded yourself for doing so.
Earning a laugh from your father.

"We were talking about important things and bad girls like you shouldn't be eavesdropping."

Compared to your father's usual stern and menacing behavior, you hated this one more. It gave you chills and a new kind of fear you never thought you'd feel."

As your father took a step forward, you tensed.

This was bad. Very very bad.

"Hmm, I wonder what I should do to punish you. Now that you know so much, I'd better do something to keep that mouth of yours shut." He said in a sing song voice.

You hated this personality. You hated it to the core. It scared you and you hated the way his tone of voice made your legs soft.

As your father neared, you back up further.

"Don't try to run, you are no match for me."
He reached a hand out towards you and you grabbed it just in time, landing a few punches at his face.

You watched as he did not stumble, only brought a hand over his face and looked at you with intense eyes.

You had angered him and you knew it.

"You little brat. I didn't want to do this, but you forced me." He yelled. His usual firm and serious voice had returned.
No longer acting like a crazy, disturbed man.

He lunged towards you quickly.

You abruptly jumped back, feeling your back against the fence this time.

You sucked in your breath. Fuck.

He continued to moved forward and you reached your arms out to push him away when he began to push you against the fence.

Obviously you were no match for him when it came to physical strength but you had to do something. Anything.

Your heartbeat increased and your head spun at the fact that you could really die at this rate.

Somehow, you had been focusing so much on getting away from him that you did not realize yourself nearly perched on the fence.

You had nowhere to go.

And yet he kept pushing.

"N-no.... father!" You choked before you felt blood rush to every part of your body and your stomach felt light.
Everything seemed to be going in slow motion and it took you a second to realize what had just happened.

He had pushed you.

You let out a shriek as you watched his figure grow smaller and smaller before your eyes.
You reached your arm out as if trying to grab onto something to stop you from falling, but there was only air.
Everything happened in a flash and then pain shot through your body like a thousand bullets, before everything went black.