Cold

Karma held your hand and led you off the Ferris Wheel.
Arias waited by the railings and when she saw you, she waved at you, with a tiny smile.

"Arias!" You exclaimed, pushing through the crowd of people and ran towards her.
Karma followed swiftly behind you.

"Did you have fun?" Arias asked, smiling.
You blushed when Karma came forward and took a hold you your hand. You remembered what happened in the gondola and you could still feel his touch hot against your skin.

"Y-yes... we had fun."
"That's good. Was the view nice?"
"Yes! It was beautiful!" You lied. You did not get a chance to see the view at all.
"That's good, I apologize about the phone call."
You held your hands up and fanned, "don't worry about it, you're busy."
Arias smiled and said nothing else.

Then Karma spoke up. "It's getting late..." he started and you turned to look at him.
He looked uncertain and shy.
"What's the matter?" You asked.
He looked up, "(y/n), it's late, would you like to come to my house? And um... possibly stay the night?" He asked, hopefully.

You gasped, you were beyond happy. "Of course!" You said immediately but then you stole a glance at Arias and she was no longer smiling.

The smile on your face faded as well and you let go of Karma slowly, "I can right...Arias?" You asked, your voice with a hint of plead.

Arias didn't say anything. She looked troubled, like she cannot decide what to do. Then finally she turned around and said, "nee-san, let's go home, okay?" In a tone that was hard to comprehend. It was neither cold, nor friendly, it was rather... pleading.

"Arias...?" You said under your breathe, your brows knitted together.
You waited for her to say more, but she never did. You watched as Arias proceed towards the exit.
Then you turned to Karma bitterly, "I guess that's a no..."
Karma looked rather bewildered, "Why is it up to her?"
You looked at Karma without a word until he settled down. Then you held your hand out to rest on his cheek, with a saddened face, "I'm sorry... I-I think I'll go home today. I promise I'll go to your house next time." You said, somewhat trying to make him feel better.

Karma nodded in understanding and held his hand over yours. "Alright, you promised."
Then the both of you smiled and said your goodbyes before you ran up to catch up with Arias.
Karma watched you until you disappeared from his sight, then he headed towards the bus stop.

------- Time Skip -------

"Goodnight, (y/n)-nee." Arias said softly as the two of you reached the 6th floor.
Yours and her rooms were on the same floor but your room was on the left wing and her's was on the right wing.

You nodded, "goodnight."
You watched Arias turn and proceed to her room.

"Wait Arias!" You blurted.

"Hm?" She turned around to face you.
You kept quit for a couple of seconds, unsure how to bring this up.
"Um... is something wrong?"
Arias looked at you puzzled. You felt your face burning.

"I-I mean.... you've been acting different today..." you paused to look at Arias' expression, it was unreadable, "the way you acted towards... um... Karma..." you fidgeted as you looked up to meet Arias' eyes. Her eyes squinted a millimeter at the mention of Karma's name.

"D-do you... perhaps... dislike him in anyway?" You asked, searching for the right words to use.

Arias finally smiled, "No. Not at all."
It was your turn to give her a puzzled look.
"He's a kind, young gentlemen."
You nodded, "yes, he is."

Arias did not continue smiling, "I have nothing against him, but, I hope you do not get too close to him."
Your eyes widened at this, "w-what...?" Was all you could manage to utter, it was so sudden for her to say that, you did not anticipate this.

"It must be a shock to hear this all of a sudden and I know it's not easy... but I want you to stay away from him."
You were in too much of a shock to think straight, "w-why? All of a sudden... what is the meaning of this...?" You asked, nervously, sweating.

Arias did not saying anything, she turned around and proceeded to head to her room.

Then you clenched your fists, "w-wait! I-I don't understand at all. Why? Why should I stay away from him? I could not possibly do that. I love him. There is no way I could live without him. Even if... even if you told me the reason... I will never, ever, leave him!" You yelled, feeling suddenly furious.

Arias has stopped in her tracks. There was a long silence and all there could be heard was your heavy panting.

"Goodnight, nee-san." Was all she said before walking away.

You were taken aback by the tone she used. It was cold, bitter, and... hollow. You felt your heart clench. It was indeed hurtful hearing her use that tone with you.
You could not understand what led to this, and why Arias was acting that way.

All you knew was that Arias, somehow, was hurting. Why, you did not know, but the sadness in her eyes and her voice kept you awake all night.

Uggghhhh this was hella bad. I apologize for my slow updates I'm sort of on a writer's block and I've been busy. Also I didn't edit this so please tell me if there are any mistake 😬 Thank you all for reading, it's been a year since this book was published and I want to thank everyone who has stuck with me since the beginning! you guys are awesome 🙌🏻❤️ Also the new readers who have came along the way, love y'all ❤️💋