Lavender scent

"You're late," Karma said as he saw you walking towards him.
Being the normal quiet self, you ignored him and kept on walking.
He sighed and got up from the bench, "so where do you want to go?" He asked while running to catch up with you.
His hands were in his pocket and you couldn't help but notice how cute he was in casual clothes.
"I'm hungry," you simply said, walking into a café.
You found a spot and sat down.
"Get whatever you like, it's on me today," Karma offered and smiled friendly at you.
"But..." You said as you looked up, unsure.
"No, just go ahead."
"I can't take an offer like this, I'm the one who asked you out today, you know..."
Karma chuckled, "just go ahead and order."
...
Well, eventually after a long debate, both of you decided that Karma's paying.
"Thanks..." You muttered, your eyes not leaving the menu.
Karma just smirked.

-------- Time Skip --------

You were walking beside him, neither of you said anything.
Karma would glance at you occasionally and you pretended you didn't see, you just looked straight forward.
"Ne, (y/n)," Karma finally started, breaking the silence.
Instead of turning your head, your (e/c) orbs slowly rolled to the side, but something got your attention.
You turned your head rather aggressively, and you widened your eyes, your lips were slightly parted.
Karma, who had thought you were staring at him, was confused, a light tint of red could be seen on his face.
"(n-name) chan?" He asked.
You stepped closer.
Karma who was still confused blushed even more. He reached his hand out to touch your shoulder when you slapped it away and ran towards a certain store.
You stuck your face against the glass, looking at the beautiful dresses on display.
They were decorated so neatly, and silky fabric made it shiny.
Karma held his hand and looked towards you, so that's what it's about... Karma thought as he walked towards you, embarrassed by his misinterpretation.
"Do you like it?" Karma asked as he approached you.
You didn't say anything, and you looked down.
"Wanna try on a couple?"
You look up at him quickly and nodded your head quickly.
He smiled at your cute reaction and you quickly barged into the store.
Just how much did you like dresses? Karma thought, you did not seem like the kind who would be interested in these kind of things.
...
"How do I look?" You asked as you stepped out of the dressing room, somewhat awkwardly.
Karma stared at you for a moment, "you look beautiful, (y/n)"
You smiled slightly, but noticeable.
You looked at yourself in the mirror and twirled around in circles, making the dress sway in different directions. "Hold on, I have a couple more," you said and quickly got into the dressing room again.
You were having trouble picking out which one to wear, you were in there for quite awhile.
Karma grew impatient, "(y/n)?" He asked quietly, you didn't hear him. "(Y/n)?" He raised his voice as he decided to take a small peek to see if you were alright.
He opened the door slightly and it made a loud creak. Shit!
You immediately looked back after hearing the creak, and both of your eyes widened. You were only in your bra and a purple dress was only halfway slipped on. Karma blushed madly.
You winded your eyes and opened your mouth in horror, "I-idiot! Get out! Get out!" You yelled as you covered up your body.
...
Finally you finished zipping up the dress, and you stepped out of the dressing room frowning, specifically at Karma.
He was still blushing and he looked away.
You tuned and looked at yourself in the mirror. You raised your hand and touched your own reflection, a sad expression formed on your face, although you had made sure not to express it too much.
Karma noticed your strange behavior and he walked towards you, "you look beautiful in this too," he said as he placed a hand on your shoulder.
Your eyes were fixed on your reflection, "thanks..." You said quietly.
There was a moment of silence.
"My mother use to wear dresses like these all the time," you suddenly said, your voice was soft, and full of emotion unlike your normal voice. "This dress looks exactly the same as the one she was wearing when she died."
Karma's eyes winded and he squeezed your shoulder, "then I bet she must have been beautiful too," he whispered softly.
"Yes, she was, she was beautiful." You whispered back, recalling the lavender scent you were familiar with as a kid. The lavender scent you missed so much.

------------------
*You may have noticed I changed the story title!!*
Omg I hope that wasn't too crappy lol XD well I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^-^ it's the longest one so far! Hope you're excited for next chapter! (P.s. I had an important note but I forgot what I was gonna say lol)