Oblivion

First things first, I changed the story title because I finally found one I like ;3

-----------

"Karma?" You called, the echo was loud underground.
"Karma?!" You yelled louder, desperately looking for him. You were dizzy and everything was blurry. You couldn't remember what was going on. It almost seemed unreal.
You found yourself running and then stopping at a door, it was like part of you was unconscious. Then you looked inside and there was Karma.
And your father.
He had an ax in his hand and Karma stood there, frozen, he didn't even try to move. Horror filled your face.
"Karma!" You yelled, "what are you doing?!"
He turned and gave you a smirk that sent chills down your spine before the ax sliced him in half.
...
The next thing you knew, you were screaming your lungs off.
Then your eyes shot open and you sat up. It seems like you were on a bed. You stopped screaming and you looked around, you were still panting and beads of sweat rolled down the side of your face.
You looked over when you heard the door slide (more like jammed) open.
It was Karma.
Although your vision was blurry due to all that panicking, you could see him running towards you.
"(y/n)! (y/n)? What's wrong!"
You looked at him with wide eyes, still panting, you were struggling to get back to reality.
"Are you real..?" You asked quietly.
Karma hesitated at your sudden question, "of course I am! What's wrong? I heard you screaming I thought something happened."
You inhaled and exhaled, then finally you were calm. You pulled him into a hug without saying a word.
He hugged you back.
He didn't say anything else except whisper things into your ears like "you're going to be okay." While he stroked your head lightly.
You felt so relieved. You almost wanted to scream.
After awhile of silence, Karma asked in a soft voice, "did something happen?"
You shook your head, which was still buried in his chest. "Just a nightmare." You replied simply.
You had nightmares every week, you wondered what scared you this much.
As much as you wished this moment would last, you pulled away.
"What happened to me, I'm in a hospital right..?"
Karma's brows curved downwards, and he looked down quickly before looking back at you, "yea... I heard you had an accident during a mission.. What happened?"
Suddenly, all the memories of your previous mission returned. You turned away and looked down.
Dammit. It was my fault. I knew it was. Damn it all.
You clenched your teeth to stop your anger.
"(y/n), wha-"
You cut him off, under no circumstances will you talk about this. "How long have I been out?" You asked.
"About 4 days."
You looked up, and you cried out at the sudden pain that shot through your brain from looking up too quickly.
"Be easy on yourself, you're not fully recovered." Karma told you worriedly.
"I have to check on Akari!" You cried loudly, "she was in the building, I need to know if-"
"Akari's dead."
You heard a voice from outside the room, both you and Karma turned to look at who it was.
When the door slid open, a familiar man stepped inside.
"Father..." You whispered, and looked down, you were too ashamed to look at him.
"(y/n)..." He started, "I have to say... I'm disappointed. What else can I say? I expected better from you." He finished, with a frown.
"Father, I deeply apologize for this-" you replied immediately after him.
But Karma cut you off, he was yelling, "(y/n), why would you apologize?!"
He was mad.
And he turned to look at your dad, there was fury in his eyes.
"Bastard, she could have died! You're daughter could have died! Are you telling me you don't give a single damn at all?!" He screamed at your father.
It was your turn to scream, "Karma! That's enough! Stop it!"
He turned around, "no, I won't-"
"Just shut up for once..." You said quietly and shakily, holding back the urge to loose your shit and go crazy.
He stopped after that.
He gave a 'tsch' and gave your father a dirty look before turning his head away.
Your father sighed, and when he opened his eyes, he looked serious. "Meet me at the conference room Friday morning at 8:00 am." He said, and walked out of the room.

--------- time skip ---------

You didn't expect so many people to be there. Almost the whole entire organization was there. You sat down on a seat that was intended for you. You watched as your dad stepped onto the stage in front of the microphone. *cough* "Good morning honorable assassins and agents. We are gathered here this morning for an important announcement." He started, and continued right after," Now as you all know, we have high expectations and rules for each and one of you. Recently, a certain assassin has failed to live up to our expectations..."
You suddenly knew where this was going, and at that moment, you felt like everything in the world didn't matter anymore, you wanted to scream, you wanted to bang your head against a wall. You felt like a worthless crap. You closed your eyes. You couldn't hear the words, but you knew he had said it.
"I have made a decision which I think will be the best for her, and with that, I announce that this day forward, (y/n) (l/n) will no longer be a part of this organization."
...
You weren't quite sure how to react, or which emotion to give off. You just sat on a bench at a nearby park and stared blankly at the floor.
You wondered what all of these years of hard work were for. Your days as an assassin was over. Your dream was destroyed.
"What's the point..." You whispered.

------------------
Omg so sorry for the late update >.< I was kinda on a block and well, just plain lazy XD but yeh, I hope minna is still enjoying the story so far ;v; i felt like this was rushed too, so many things happened, well more like so many shit happened XD rip reader chan T-T well anyways, be ready for next chapter!! ❤️