Shatteted Trust

I almost cried writing this chapter ;w;

You harshly kicked the walls of the stone fence surrounding the park.

After Arias had caught you listening to their conversation, you ran as fast as you could away from the building.

A string of curse words came out of your mouth as you once again kicked the fence, causing a couple of loose pebbles rolling off.
You didn't know why, but you felt so frustrated, and tired.

It was annoying enough the incident with both Karma and Arias, but what the hell was that father and Arias talking about?

The conversation shook you. The fact that father had said they were 'both equally guilty', and the fact that they seemed to have a kind of hatred towards each other.
You wondered what happened between the two and if all those younger years of your life was a lie.

You always thought father admired Arias more, thus kept her by his side.
You thought Arias looked up to father and that she was hard working, and that she simply followed your father's orders because she didn't know any better.
You thought wrong.
Arias had some past grudge with your father that you didn't know about. Arias was no longer what you thought was an innocent young girl you met when you were barely 9 looking for a family, and perhaps she never was.

The more you thought about it, the more it messed with your mind and the more angrier you got.

Arias, who are you really?

The thought of not even knowing your own sister bothered you.
But then again, could you really call her your sister?

You clenched your teeth as you kicked the wall once again when you suddenly remembered Karma.

"The mission was to kill the red-headed brat, not her."

Father's voice rang through your head. You have got to tell Karma about this. Without thinking, you began running. You didn't care if it was after 1:00am, you wanted to see him.

When you arrived, you stopped to take a breather. You were panting heavily from running too fast.

You didn't have time to waste. Quickly, you reach for the doorbell and pressed it multiple times.
You could hear quiet sounds of the bell from outside.

A moment later, the door opened and you were relieved to see that Karma looked wide awake, which meant you hadn't disturbed his sleep.

His eyes widened upon your unexpected visit, "(y/n)? What are you-"

Before he could finished, you lunged towards him causing him to stumble backwards.
You held him tightly in your embrace as you buried your face into his neck.

"(Y/n)?" He called, confusingly, "what's wrong?"

You said nothing besides uttering a small apology that was so quiet he barely heard you.
It was obvious to him there was something wrong but he decided not to press any further.

Instead, he brought his hand up to your and ran his finger delicately through your (h/c) locks as a way to comfort you.

You took your time to savor this moment for you missed being in his arms badly. You felt tired, not only physically but emotionally.