Eavesdropping

Fuuuuck tbh I don't even know what I'm writing anymore. And also i changed the title like again, like the 683682 time. But yeh tbh idek, this story was supposed to end like 10 chapter ago but I'm having fun :')

-----------------------

The next two weeks went by in a haze. The school year had ended last week, you were all practically bathed in tears after killing Koro-Sensei.

Which you, did not take part of and rather stood beside Irina.

You completely avoided Arias. And well, Karma sort of.
End of the school year. What a bummer.

You unplugged your phone from the charger and narrowed your eyes at the screen.
5 missed calls. All from Karma.

You sighed, stuffing the photo into your pocket.
You just needed some time to yourself.

Slipping on your grey jacket, you headed outside your bedroom.
Careful not to slam the door and attract any attention.

You though you'd drop by Mizuno San's office and deliver something she had asked you for awhile ago.

You planted light footsteps as you walked along the corridor of offices.
It was past midnight and the hallways were dark and quiet, expect for some murmuring you heard on the hallway to the right.

Curious, you passed Mizuno San's office and turned the corner.

You weren't surprised it was your father's office you saw with beams of light escaping through the small crack in the door when you turned the corridor.

You could still hear the murmuring and it had become somewhat aggressive.

Part of you wanted to just say 'fuck it' and leave but you couldn't help yourself when you began tip-toeing towards his office.

When you reached the door, you took a quick peak inside the room.

There you saw Arias standing before your father's desk, although you couldn't see her expression, your father wore a serious expression.

You scooted to the side and leaned against the wall. Away from the door but close enough to hear the conversation.

"No, I will not." Arias' firm voice was loud and clear.

"You dare to disobey me?" Your father's voice was louder, but steady.

"No sir."

"Then complete the mission I assigned you."

"I can't. I simply cannot continue such a mission." Her voice was still calm.

What were they talking about? What mission?

There was a long pause from your father.

"And why is that?"

"Because I don't wish to do that to my sister. I respect and love her."

You flinched a little at her response.
What the fuck?

Your thoughts were cut off when you heard a loud, rumbling laugh.

"Talk about respect and love Arias! Isn't that how you felt towards the people you've killed?" His face was challenging.

Arias flinched at the mention of the people she's killed.
"You took away everything. I won't let you take away (y/n) from me."

"The mission was to kill the red-headed brat, not her." Your father stated, sternly.

Your heart suddenly felt heavy upon hearing that. You were beyond confused, but all you knew was that father was after Karma, and somehow Arias was a part of this.

"No, I will not."

"If it wasn't for that kid, (y/n) wouldn't be as useless as she is now." Your father growled, then turned his gaze towards Arias. "Arias, when was it that you let your personal feelings get in the way of your mission? Was it perhaps something that the red headed brat said? I know you've been talking to him."

When Arias didn't answer, your father went on.

"You killed your family. In order to keep you safe, I took you in so you could be useful, not a piece of useless garbage."

Your eyes widened.
Huh, Arias...?

"No, you took me in to keep yourself safe!" Arias yelled.

Your father raised his head alarmingly, his face full of anger, "you dare to yell at me? You dare to disobey me? All these years I never expected you to become like this. Arias, I can kill you if I want to, take this as a warning." Your father's loud, frightening voice shook the entire office.

Arias only let out a cold chuckle. "Now you want to kill me? Perhaps I've said it. Threatening me because you suddenly feel guilty, and that seeing me alive is proof of your mistake? You can kill me, but it won't erase your mistakes. You will never get away with it."

You flinched at the sound of your father slamming his palm against the hard table.

"Remember Arias, you had a choice." Hit father's voice was surprisingly calm. "You're equally guilty as me, and you think you could get away with this?"

"I don't expect to, but if I go down, I'll make sure to bring you down with me."

Your father chucked darkly, "I wonder how Yuuma felt after learning the truth."

You heard a hiss coming from Arias, "don't you dare bring him up." Her voice was venomous, which your father only replied with another dark chuckled.

You heard shuffling and before you could react, the door to the office creaked opened unexpectedly and all of a sudden you found yourself staring back at Arias' hollow orbs.

Both of you froze and you were first to step back hesitantly.
There was no time even for any curses to run through your mind. Fear washed over you like hard crashing waves and you felt your heartbeat increase.

Her eyes widened and fear was also evident on her face.

Before she was able to say anything, you scrambled towards the staircase.