First Lovers | Pt. 3

"Doesn't she look lovely when she's sleeping?" The lady whispered, stroking the baby's hair.

The man beside her nodded, leaning down to place a kiss against the delicate cheeks of their first child.

"She will grow up to be a beautiful and kind person." The lady smiled down warmly at the 4 years old girl.

"And I promise to protect her with all my life." The man smiled as well.

"I promise too." She whispered, barely audible.

4 months later

The woman stirred uncomfortably in here bed. As she extended her hand to reach out to her husband, she realized that the sheets beside her was empty.

"Honey?" She called out.
There was no reply.

And as she opened her mouth to call him again, a crash could be heard from downstairs.

"Honey?" She called again, louder with caution this time.

Shuffles and what seemed like voices could be heard downstairs.

Slowly, she pushed the covers off her hand and sat up. She took gentle steps towards the staircase. As she neared the first floor, she could hear clearly.

"Get out of my house now."
It was her husbands voice.

"Not until we find what we want."
This time it was a low raspy voice that belonged to a man, and she did not recognize.

"Get out." 

She was confused, and scared. But she couldn't help it. Slowly, she stepped closer and peeked over the wall.

The man she loves had a gun held up towards another man. The two males holding a strong and intimidating gaze before they broke into a fight. The man latched onto her lover rather violently, attempting to flip him over.

The sight was terrifying . This was not her husband. This was not her husband. This was not her husband! It couldn't be!

Hands went to cover her mouth as she watched her husband's blood splattered across their stone floor from a strong punch.

"Papa!" A little girl's voice could be heard.

When did she...?

Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion as they watched their beloved daughter jump forward.

She felt frozen in place, she couldn't move. All she could do was scream in horror, "(y/n)!!"

It was too late.

The color of red was everywhere.

The slash against the little girl's stomach seemed to happen so fast and a second later, she was throw to the side, unconscious.

Now tears began running down her face. Her husband and her daughter, why was this happening?

"Don't move, if you move I'll shoot her." The man aimed the gun at the little girl on the floor.

"Shoot her and I'll shoot you." Her husband also had a gun pointed at the man. The two males held a cold stare.

"Whose it going to hurt more?" The man laughed in a sinister way.

Her legs moved on her own. Before the sound of the gun even rang through her ears.

Then it was her husbands voice. Desperately calling out to her, jumping forward to support her limp body.

"Why did you do it?" He cried.

She smiled. With crimson red dyed lips, she whispered her last words.

"I'm sorry... I promised."

The world was cruel.

Without you, I was no longer me.

This was his punishment.