43~ Happy Birthday Bri!

Harry's POV:

It was midnight and officially Bri's birthday, which meant that we had to get to work quick, and stay quiet while doing it. Everyone was here, me, Niall, Louis, Zayn and Liam, and Heidi as well. I talked to Amber's doctors, and they told me that Amber was recovering much quicker than expected and she would be able to come home just in time for the holidays.

"Ok, guys lets assemble" I whispered, and everyone gathered around, ready to prepare for Bri's birthday.

"Alright. Liam, did you get the cake" I asked, and Liam nodded, pointing t at the cake on the table.

"Niall, do you have the decorations?" Check.

"Zayn, did you put the presents by the tree?" Check.

After I went through everyone's jobs, we started decorating. We decided to just do an entire Christmas theme, since Christmas was only two days away, so why not take care of both decorations? In the living room we put up a huge silver tree with LED lights, and surrounded it with a few birthday presents for Bri and Louis, since his birthday was the next day, and a few Christmas gifts. We put white lights above the huge glass Stained window, and a few glass angels on the TV. We filled the fridge with party food. Now, for the fun part, filling the hallway with balloons. Bri has always loved balloons, and I wanted to give her everything for this birthday.

Finally, two hours later, we were done with everything. We decided to crash into the basement until 7 am, so that we could pick up Amber. First, I decided to change Bri's alarm since she tends to sleep late. I quietly crept into Bri's room, grabbing her phone and changing her alarm to 8:00.

"Happy 20th birthday beautiful" I whispered, quickly kissing her head before running out of the room.

*

+

*

+

*

Bri's POV:

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. What the heck? It was only 8:00 am- unbelievable.

I got dressed in my dark skinny jeans, maroon cami and white lace cardigan. I curled my hair and added a white beanie. Perfect. I ran downstairs and gasped. Someone decorated the house with the prettiest balloons and decorations. It had to have been Heidi, nobody else was home. I ran back upstairs into her bedroom, but she wasn't in there. Maybe she left again. I sighed, going into the kitchen for breakfast. I grabbed a banana and chewed for a minute. I felt as if I was being watched by somebody. I walked downstairs to where the basement was, and I heard somebody moving around. My heart starting racing, somebody was definitely here. I walked down there, and got tackled in hugs.

"Happy birthday Bri!" Harry, Zayn, Liam Louis and Niall all yelled, and I laughed.

"Thanks guys!" I exclaimed, hugging everyone back. "When did you have time to do this?"

"While you were sleeping, we all helped decorate" Harry said, laughing. We all went upstairs and ate pancakes for breakfast. As Liam did the dishes, we all watched a movie on Netflix. We were watching Polar Express, a movie I always watched on my birthday, with Amber and my parents. Sadly that tradition had to change a few years ago. No matter how much I missed them, it felt great watching it with Harry. I moved in closer next to Harry, and he grinned, pulling me in close. He kissed me on the cheek and held me close. Suddenly, Amber started pointing out the window.

"Look! It's snowing!" Amber yelled, and we all gathered to look out the window, and sure enough, the snow was falling. And hard. There hasn't been this much snow in a while, and I loved it. We all decided to run outside and have a snowball fight. Amber was still hurt, so she sat in the snow building snowballs as ammo for us. We were outside for hours and didnt go in until it started to get really cold. We went inside and turned on the cocoa maker, shivering as we took off our boots and grabbed a bunch of blankets. Our plans for the next feel hours included sitting on the couch In front of Netflix while eating cocoa and pizza. We were halfway through Elf when Harry got up.

"I'll be right back guys, okay?" He asked, a gleam in his eye. He was planning something, I knew it. He left and we continued the movie.

"Anybody want some popcorn?" I asked, getting tired of sitting in that same position on the couch, I needed to get up. Niall and Liam nodded, so I put two bags of microwaveable popcorn in the microwave and waited for it to finish. As it was popping, I drummed my fingers on the counter. As I looked at the time, I realised Harry had been doing whatever he was doing for twenty minutes now. Something told me I should go look for him, but then I remembered that he was planning a surprise, and I didn't want to ruin it. As I was putting popcorn into a bowl, Harry snuck into the kitchen with a few packages in his hands. He saw me in the kitchen and quickly hid them behind his back.

"Oh uh hey Bri.." He said awkwardly, smiling innocently. Since he was trying to hard I decided to play along, for him.

"Hey Harry!" I said, grabbing the bowl and putting it on the table. A few minutes later, Harry came into the room.

"Since we have to fly back to Europe tonight, I was wondering if everyone wanted to exchange Christmas presents now?" He asked, and we all nodded. Why not?

We ran downstairs and saw a tree surrounded with presents. Amber squealed and ran to them, grabbing the first one with her name, tearing it open.

"Oh my gosh! A new wii game!" She squealed, super hyper. She grabbed another gift and was about to tear it open, until I stopped her.

"Slow your roll little girl, we need to open gifts one at a time" I laughed, and she groaned, but obeyed. After about half an hour all of the presents were opened. I loved my infinity scarf from Heidi and the earrings from Niall the most. Harry kept looking at me the entire time and it was weirding me out. As we walked back up with our presents, Harry stopped me.

"Bri, I have one more present for you, and I wanted to give it to you alone" he whispered, pulling a small box out of his pocket, handing it to me softly. I gently tore open the wrapping paper, I didn't want to ruin it.

"You have nice wrapping, harry" I teased.

"Just open it!" He laughed, and I continued to open it. Inside the box was the most beautiful ring ever. I was stunned. Was he?

"And no, I'm not proposing.. Yet" he said. "It's a promise ring. I promise to you that I'm not going to let you get hurt anymore. I'm going to protect you" he said, sliding the ring on my finger. I watched it sparkle as the light caught it.

"Happy birthday, goofball" he said, ruffling my hair. Then, we ran upstairs with everyone else, before they decided to attack my birthday cake. With Niall up there you never know what can happen.

And as the boys, Heidi and Amber lit all 20 candles, I thought about what I should wish for. Right as I blew out the candles, I realized, I already had everything right here.

__________________________

Omg sorry for making you guys wait so long for this! I hope you like it, I had half of it just sitting there for two months and got too lazy to write!

Sowwy :(

~Kayla