42~ Alone

Bri's POV:

After visiting Amber with Harry a few days ago, I decided that I had to be alone for a while, so I grabbed Chloe and took her for a walk. As I breathed in the cold December air, I thought about the holidays. Normally I love the holidays, decorating with Amber and my friends, baking dozens and dozens of cookies, wrapping presents and watching Amber open them. But this year, its going to be different. Way different.

Sometimes I wonder why I am even trying with Harry. I love him very much, but I just know that someday someone will get hurt. Its not only that, but the fact that Harry can't be home very often, and I don't really enjoy long distance relationships, but I'm trying with Harry.

Suddenly I'm pulled from my thoughts when Chloe starts yanking on her leash.

"Chloe! Heal!" I yelled, grabbing the leash back, hearing Chloe growl at me. She was never like this. Since she wouldn't listen, I picked her up and started taking her home, having enough of the cold anyway. Suddenly I heard a ring from my phone, and I fumbled around with Chloe to get it.

"Yo" I answered, not even bothering to check caller ID.

"Hey Bri, how are ya?" Niall asked, and I smiled, missing hearing his voice.

"I'm ok, just bringing Chloe home, what's up?" I asked, grimacing as I stepped in a not yet frozen puddle, soaking my boot with slush.

"Well, I just wanted to say hey, I know that alot has been going on lately" he said, and I grinned again, he's so sweet and thoughtful.

"Well hey Niall! I'm ok, but Amber's still in the hospital. She was in the ICU for a couple days but she'll be fine" I assured him, not wanting to worry him when he had all of his concerts going on.

"Tell Amber I'm-" suddenly Niall was cut off by terrible connection, and I groaned, shoving the phone in my pocket. I walked inside and put Chloe on the ground, kicking off my wet uggs and changing into a more comfy outfit, my white PINK sweatpants and black North Face. I took off my makeup and threw my hair in a bun, settling into the couch, turning on the TV. Netflix was calling my name, and I had no problem with watching movies all day. I was about to watch Mean Girls 2, when I heard another beep from my phone. Annoyed, I grabbed it and read the text.

Heidi😍: everything ok Bri?"

Heidi left to visit her family for Christmas, and won't be back until January 2nd, meaning I have 10 more days of loneliness to get through, but Heidi's been texting me a lot, which helps.

Bri: yeah, just staring at Netflix right now :)

I wanted to text Heidi, but I wanted to watch my movie too, so I shut off my phone and turned my movie on, falling asleep shortly after.

~•~

~•~

~•|

I woke up with a start, looking at the clock. It was 7:38 pm. I had to get up or I wouldn't fall asleep tonight. I switch off the TV and drive to the hospital.

"Hey Amber" I exclaimed, walking into Amber's room.

"Bri!" She whispered happily, her eyes sparking as she saw me. I took her appearance in, and I decided that she didnt look nearly as bad as she did a few days ago when Harry and I saw her. Her head wasnt bandaged up anymore, she had a few various scratches on her face too, but none were very deep. She had a pink elbow length cast on her left arm, and a black brace on her right ankle. She was also awake, which was great.

"How are you?" I asked, sitting in the hard plastic chair next to her bed.

"I'm ok" she replied, sitting up in her bed and grabbing the remote, turning on ANT farm, her favorite show. When it first came out it even fascinated me a little, I mean come on, it would be cool to be a child prodigy. I stayed and talked to Amber for about an hour, when the doctor told me that Amber needed to rest. As I drove, I admired the Christmas lights that twinkled on every building, wishing that Amber could be admiring them with me. As I climbed into bed, I realized something. Tomorrow was my birthday. My 20th birthday and I would be completely friendless all day. My sister wouldn't be here, my boyfriend wouldn't be here, by BFF wouldn't be here, and the rest of the family was dead. I sighed, pulling the covers over my head, deciding that I would treat tomorrow as a normal day. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard noises downstairs.....