19~ Wakeups & Breakups

*a week later*

Bri's POV:

I woke up blinking, a super bright light bothering my eyes. I looked around, wondering where I was. Then I realized I was in a hospital. But why? Suddenly all of the memories began to flood back; Elise and I fighting, nearly drowning, and I vaguely remember being rushed to the hospital. Where was everyone?

My head was pounding so I closed my eyes. I realized that I had tubes in my nose. How long have I been here? Days? Months? Weeks? Years, even? How is Amber? Wow I have so many questions for everyone.

I tried to fall back alseep because I was suddenly really tired, when I heard someone walk in.

"Bri?" Harry's voice called.

"H-hi" I said. To my suprise, my voice was raspy.

"Your awake!" He yelled, making me smile.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, really wondering.

"Eight days, Bri! I thought you were dead" he said, blushing.

"Well I'm not" I said, hugging him. He called everyone else including Amber into the room.

"Bri! I've missed you!" Amber yelled, flying into my arms. Seeing Amber reminded me of something super important.

"Crud! I missed school registration!" I exclaimed, suddenly wondering what else I've missed out on.

"Don't worry Bri, I signed her up for you. The open house is tomorrow night" he said.

"Thanks Harry!" I exclaimed, relieved. "When can I get out of here?" I asked.

"I'll find out" Harry said, getting up to find the nurse.

Heidi and Niall walked over to me, talking a mile a minute.

"Please please! One at a time!" I exclaimed, then winced. My head still hurt.

"Well, Elise and Liam are still together for now. Liam wants to hear both sides of this story before he breaks up with Elise. We made sure she told as close to the truth as possible" Niall said.

Good, so this was being figured out. I couldn't wait to get home and share my side with Liam. Liam is really caring, and I'm sure he'll listen. I mean, I am the one who was half drowned.

"The nurse says you can leave now, but when we get home you need to get straight back into bed. My orders" Harry said, winking at me.

"I need to be in bed again?" I groaned.

"Of course you do. Listen to yourself, your voice is a wreck!" Harry scolds me, and I giggle a little.

Harry got me a wheel chair, and I sat up and stretched. I was so stiff from laying around for a week that Harry had to carry me. He pushed me down the halls so fast that I felt like I was flying. When we got to the car, Harry put me in the front seat while Niall out the wheelchair away. Then I remembered: my car.

"Hey Harry is my car still at the beach?" I asked.

"No I went and got it with Liam the other night, Elise tried to drive it home" Harry replied, looking mad.

"Yeah more like tried to crash it" I replied, and everyone laughed, since we could. Elise wasnt here, and we could talk trash about her all we wanted. She did try to kill me, after all.

"I never liked her anyway" Niall said, and we all agreed.

Finally, we pulled in, and Liam, Louis and Zayn all jumped out from wherever and suprised me. I was more annoyed then happy, because I was really overwhelmed, and Harry could tell.

"I'm going to bring Bri to her bed, Kay guys?" He said, and Zayn faked a pouty lip, and followed us.

I layed down, breathing in the smell of my sheets. Harry pulled my covers over me and I fell asleep fast.
*
*
*
"I need to talk to her! I need to find out!" I heard Liam yelling.

"She's alseep, just leave her alone and break up with that freak!" Harry yelled, and I immediatly sat up.

Liam still had to hear my side of the story.

Harry walked in, looking annoyed, and he saw me awake. "Hey" he said softy, and I smiled at him.

"Hey yourself" I replied, and to my suprise my voice wasnt nearly as raspy as before.

"I had Heidi tell him what happened, since she was there" Harry said, and I was so thankful for my best friend. I didnt have enough energy to tell him the whole story anyway.

I got up and changed into a lazy outfit, some gray sweatpants that said "love" down the side and a baggy NASCAR hoodie that I've had forever. I threw my snarly hair into a high pony and went downstairs. When I walked down, no one else was around except for Liam and Elise, and they were in a heated argument, so I stayed out of sight.

"I think we need to break up. Your making Heidi mad and you nearly killed Bri!" Liam yelled, clearly outraged. My heart soared. He took my side.

"Whatever. You care about her anyway?" She spat, sounding as if he had just told her that she nearly killed a sewer rat.

"Of course I care about her! She's my best mates girlfriend!" Liam yelled.

"You know what, Elise? Get out. Pack your bags and go" Liam said, and I gasped.

"Where am I supposed to go? I don't have a car" Elise said, sounding like someone should actually care.

"Go back to whatever trailer park you came from, that is, if they will even still except you" Liam said, and Elise trudged to her room. Liam stood there stunned, so I decided to come out.

"Thanks for that" I said softly, apparently scaring Liam.

"Bri!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. "Your ok!"

"I am. I'm even better knowing that Elise is gone" I said, smiling at him. We both walked to our rooms and went to bed. I wasn't tired. All I could think about was the fact that Amber started school in a few days, and orientation was tomorrow.

__________________________
Hey, everyone!

Just thought I would let you know that there are about 5-10 updates left, then this book is over :(

I'm glad your all enjoying it, if you are. Send me feedback! :)

~KAYLA :)