Realization

Unedited for now

Y/N's POV.

A muffled knock was heard through the door in the pitch dark bedroom, reaching the pile of blankets on the bed. But no reaction came whatsoever from the lump on the soft sheets. Another knock came from the door, and this time a female voice followed along with it. 

"Y/n it's almost 11 am, you can't stay in there forever sweetheart."

Grunts and groans came from the bed. Some seconds later, your head appeared from under one of the blankets. Rummaging around in the pitch dark room, your hand tried to somehow find the light switch to the bedside table lamp that you knew would be there somewhere by your bed. With much difficulties you eventually found it, and the room finally lit up with light. 

A while later you came shuffling into the kitchen with a blanket wrapped around your whole body, with only your face visible and your tired eyes and grumpy expression literally yelling "don't disturb me I'm a wreck". Plopping yourself into a chair by the dining table, your mother gave you a concerned look as she watched her daughter cautiously. 

"Good morning, or perhaps should I say "good lunch"?" your mum said rather sarcastically as she poured up a glass of orange juice and placed it in front of you. "I hope you do realize that you can't continue this y/n, it's not healthy living like a hermit in a dark room day after day." 

Sighing frustrated, you buried your face into your hands. The reality was beginning to hit you like a rock in the head. Why did you have to do anything at all, was it even allowed to be forced to do any work when you was in the state of a wreck? Though you still knew that your mum was right, if you would continue to live like this your life would never get any better. 

But just in the moment that you was about to let out another one of your whines about how you just wished to remain in your room for eternity, your little brother entered the kitchen with a bright smile dancing on his lips. The age gap between the two of you wasn't that big to be honest, it was only about 2 years. Though you still remember like it was yesterday, that he came running into your room without knocking with his Batman action figure in his right hand and his superhero cape fluttering behind him. Seeing him all grown up and mature, made you wonder where all the time had went. 

Your brother had always been the "positive" one of the two of you. Always smiling and keeping the mood up with his loud laughter and immature sense of humor, with other words the opposite of you. 

As he saw your mother's concerned expression and you who was wrapped in a blanket with your face covered by your hands, he sat down on the seat beside you and said cheerfully. 

"You know what sis? Let's get out for lunch today! You look like you haven't seen the sun in a while, are you sure that you're still human and not a vampire?" he laughed and referred to the fact that you hadn't left the house for at least two weeks.  

Letting out an annoyed snort, you raised your head to look at him and gave him a sarcastic smile. You was neither in the mood or had the patience to deal with your brother right now, so instead you said with the voice filled with irony. 

"Oh that sounds like a great suggestion, go out and let the whole world see what a mess I am. Definitely one of your brightest ideas Fred!"