“Run!” I tell myself.

           So I run towards the staircase to get to my room where there is safety and no temptation of Theo. Because seriously, my mind is telling me something I don’t like to do. As I’m about to take a step to the stair, a hand grab my hand, forcing me to stop in an instant. I almost trip and hit my nose on the handrail!

           “Theo!” I yelp in annoyance. “Put me down!”

           Theo puts me on his shoulder and walks over to the couch. Slowly, he lays me down but he is not about to let go off me just yet. I bet there’s still a lot of things he wants to say or do to me.

           “Reese—”

           “Theo—” I repeat with the same tone of voice as Theo.

           He grunts, ruffling his hair. “Come on.”

           I peer down at him and see how irritated he is. I grin at him and say, “You know, you’re cute like that.”

           His head snaps at me, making his neck cricks in pain. “What did you say?”

           Suddenly, it dawns on me. Did I just call him cute? I shake my head; my eyes widen in surprise. “I didn’t say anything.”

           “You said something.” A wide grin slowly appears on his face. “You call me cute. Aw, that is so sweet, Reese.”

           I frown. “That’s nothing,” I say with a sour tone in my voice. I have to snap at him. What should I say? Uh, think.

           “No, it’s not nothing. That is a sign of affection, you know,” he says with a smug look on his face. “And that would also mean that—”

           “How did cute become a sign of affection? It’s an adjective used to describe a pet, preferably a dog. So that doesn’t mean anything,” I say, cutting him off. I have to think of any alibis I can think of and then think of a way on how I will snap at him.

           Then my phone rings, showing Izzy’s cute picture from the beach at our first meeting when I got here two weeks ago. I answer right away.

           “Hello?”

           “Reese, where in the world are you? I thought you’d be here in five?” she asks, a little annoy. Well, leave it to Izzy to wait.

           “I’m on my way now actually. There’s just this someone who blocked my way out. I’m going now,” I say, standing up.

           But then, Theo has a better idea. He reaches for my phone and takes it out of my grasp and says to the other line, “She’s with me, Izzy and we’re having some bonding time. Can she—”

           Theo isn’t able to finish his statement because the twins start squealing on the other line. I also hear Scott says, “Use protection.” That makes my face crimson red. How can guys just joke about something like that?

           “Okay. Enjoy your day with Theo, Reese!” the twins echo before hanging up on me.

           I’m about to protest but then there’s no point since they already hang up. They won’t hear whatever I’m going to say. How can they just let me go like that? Don’t they miss me?

           “Your friends are really nice to let you go with me,” Theo says, smiling widely.

           I scowl at him. “I hate you. I hate you.”