1 ✔️

Edited: March 25, 2020 - Credits TransformersRules

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Soundwave could feel something was off the moment he stepped into the throne room. Megatron had sent his communications officer into the field nearly two earth weeks earlier, requesting information on the Autobots and their whereabouts. But there was very little change- Optimus kept himself and the others safely inside of their base, other than a recent struggle for an omega key.

Ratchet and that wrecker, Wheeljack, were there to retrieve the key, and Soundwave thought it best to intervene. Maybe even capture one of them for Lord Megatron. But the result ended in a battle, in which the communication officers' surveillance drone- Lazerbeak- was severely damaged.

The mech was now in the throne room, empty-handed and without any further information on the Autobots. He was ready to admit defeat to his master. The only thing was, Megatron was not standing at his throne as he usually was. Soundwave wouldn't have thought anything of it since the warlord often walked the halls of his ship.

Holding Lazerbeak in his servos, Soundwave stopped short upon approaching the throne. Starscream smirked, uncrossing his legs and standing. He stayed silent, as he usually did, yet wondered what the seeker had planned.

"Have you found anything of importance?" Starscream asked.

Instead of answering his question, the silent mech used a previous recording of Megatron to ask a question of his own. "What are you doing on my throne, Starscream?"

The seeker jumped before growling under his breath and swinging his arm through the air. "What importance is it to you? Have you completed your mission as our master has requested?"

Soundwave stared at the mech in silence before shaking his helm slightly. Starscream vented and stepped off Megatron's throne. His glowing red optics traveled down towards the drone, which still rested in Soundwaves servos.

"Well then, I suggest you report to your master and prepare for his wrath. It isn't like you, coming back empty-handed." The seeker smirked and walked past Soundwave, an evil glint in his optics.

"Megatron will be merciful- you are of great importance to his cause and don't often make mistakes. When I become the leader of the Decepticons, I will make sure to keep you within the ranks. Maybe as second in command. Prepare for my rule- Megatron's empire will fall apart, and I shall be the one to place it back together."

Soundwave turned and let Starscream pass as he went to leave the throne room, tilting his helm slightly to one side. Laserbeak shifted somewhat in his servos, a reminder that a trip to the med-bay was most necessary. Knockout would have to find time to fix the drone before it reached critical condition.

But first, Soundwave let his recording replay in the silence of the throne room. "When I become the leader of the Decepticons, I will make sure to keep you within the ranks. Maybe as second in command."

Starscream was up to something, and after paying Knockout a visit in med-bay and taking care of Lazerbeak, the silent mech would approach his master about the matter.

"Well then, I suggest you report to your master and prepare for his wrath. It isn't like you, coming back empty-handed."

Soundwave did not return with information from amongst the Autobots ranks, but instead within his own- and Megatron would not be pleased.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Feel free to vote or comment!