«Poe Dameron»

Prompt: "Why?"

Title: "Give Me Your Hand."
X-Reader
Warning: FLUFF 💞 and Poe 💞💞

-----------------
Poe was sound asleep, and you were watching him, and admiring his features.
He was taking slow breaths, he was dreaming, and his brows furrowed every now and then, making you chuckle.

You began to run your fingers through his brown locks, and his eyes fluttered open, revealing his dark brown eyes.

"You're staring again." He says in his morning voice, and you just smile, running your thumb over his cheek, "Is that forbidden?" You ask him, and he rolls his eyes, with a smirk on his face.

"Happy Valentine's day, my love." He says, and leans in to kiss your lips, but you stick your finger up against his lips.

"I love you a lot, and Happy Valentines day to you too, but your breath-" but before you finish your sentence, he points at your face,

"Oh my goodness- what's on your face?!" He exclaims, and your hands drop from his lips, instantly going to your face.

But Poe grabs you face, and presses a soft, yet gentle kiss to your lips, and pulls away, "Gotcha."he says with a smug smirk, and rolls off of the bed.

You smile and shake your head, and then you both heard a knock on the door, "I'll go get it." You say, and he walks into the bathroom.

You pull on a robe, and head to the door. You open it and it was General Organa, "General Organa, good morning." You greet her, and she gives you a small smile.

"Good morning, Y/N. I am so sorry to bother you, but I may have a mission for you and Poe. If you both could meet me in the conference room in thirty minutes, that would be great." She says, and you give her a smile.

"Of course. We'll be there as soon as possible." You reply, and you walk to your bedroom, putting on some clothes, and Poe walks out with a toothbrush hanging from his mouth.

He began to speak, but his voice was muffled by the toothpaste in his mouth, "Who was that?" He asked.

"It was General Organa. She may have a mission for us, and we need to go to the meeting room in thirty minutes." You tell him, and he nods.

You walk into the bathroom, getting your own toothbrush, brushing you teeth, then getting your hair brush to comb through your hair.

•••

You both walked into the meeting room, your hands interlocked together, "So what's the mission, General?" Poe asks, and she pushes in a chair.

"We may have found the island that the First Order base is on, but we're not for sure. And I would like you two to go, if you two accept. You both are amazing pilots, and great teammates, and I think you two would be the best choice." She said, and both you and Poe looked at each other, and smiled.

"Thank you, General." You say, and look over at Poe, to see if he accepts the mission, and he nods, "We will be honored to go on this mission for you." You say, and she smiles.

"Thank you, Y/N, and thank you, Poe. But please, call me Leia." She says, and you smile.

•••

Both you and Poe got into two separate X-Wings, "What do you want to do for Valentine's day?" Poe asked through your comm link, and you chuckle.

"Dear, we're going on a mission for Valentine's day, and probably won't be home until late tonight." You say, and he looks over at you.

"Well, we can do something tomorrow. Sorry Valentines day won't be 'romantic' " he says, and you look over at him.

"Poe, as long as I'm with you, it will be a great Valentine's day." You say, and he puts his hand over his heart, and wipes a fake tear away from his cheek, "That was so beautiful." He says, and that makes you laugh.

•••

You guys made it to an island, and it was beyond beautiful. There were flowers everywhere , everything was green, and the water was a crystal blue color.

If you could live there, you would live there forever.

Poe and you looked all over the island, but didn't find a single base.
"Okay, now before we go north of the island, we need to go south." You say, and began to walk, but Poe grabs your hand.

"No, babe, let's go this way." He says, and you turn around, "Poe, if we go this way we can cover that ground, and then we'll cover the north side."

"No, we have to go this way, please." He said, and you chuckle, "Poe, why are you so adamant on going that way?" You ask, but he holds your hand and begins to lead you.

You look at the ground, and there were rose petals making a path, and you raised an eyebrow, "Poe? What is this?" You ask.

"Just follow the path, Y/N." He says, and so you follow the path, until it ends at the edge of a cliff, and you look down and there is a shape of a heart, made of rose petals.

You stand inside the heart, and look over at the beautiful view, "Poe, did you do this all for me?" You ask as you look over at the ocean, but he never responded.

You turn and look over at Poe,
"Give me your hand." He says, and you furrow your eyebrows, "Why?" You ask, and he chuckles.

"Y/N, just give me your hand." He says, and you pull your hand away. You know this man too well, you both have played so many pranks on each other, that you both have trouble trusting the other.

"Not until you tell me why, Dameron." You say stubbornly, and he sighs.

"I'm trying to ask you to marry me, so hand me your dang hand." He said with a smile on his face, and your hand flew up to your mouth, and he huffed, "Oops, I'm sorry." You say and hand him your hand.

You start to tear up, and he gets down on one knee, and has your hand in his,

"Y/N, since the day I saw you punch that storm trooper in the face, I knew you were the one for me." He began, and you smile, remembering that day. "I never really believed in 'love at first sight ', but once I caught a glance at you, I fell head over heels for you."
Poe smiled at you, and you smiled back, a few stray tears running down your face, "The day I met you, and after spending these past couple of years with you- my life changed. When I see you in a dress, or when you're asleep right next to me snoring, and just they way you make me feel, is hard to explain. You make me smile in a special kind of way. You make me fall deeper in love with you everyday."
More tears begin to roll down your face, and before you can say anything, he continues to talk, "Y/N, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I can't go a day without you in my life. I need you. I need you in my life, and I just love you so much. So,
Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you marry me, and become Mrs. Dameron?" He asks, and you nod your head frantically,

"Yes!" You say through tears, and he stands up, sliding a beautiful ring on your left hand ring finger.

You throw your arms around him, and hug him tight. You pull away, and kiss him passionately, "So there was no mission?" You ask and he nods his head smiling.

"I wanted this to be as romantic as possible, but you were being a little stubborn." He said, and you laughed,

"Well, Mr. Dameron, I guess this will just be an unforgettable event." You say, and bends you back, and kiss your lips, "I love you, Mrs. Dameron."
______________________________________
Word Count: 1,460
I AM SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ACTIVE!!!!!! I was originally going to post and Edit some Preferences, and even update the other Star wars books, But I had a family emergency.

*This was already edited, and finished, so that's why I am posting this one*******

That's it for this one! I hope you enjoyed it! Fell free to comment or vote! Requests are always opened, and if you have trouble coming up with a plot, check out my Writing Prompt pages.
~ChewBecca❤
«May the force be with you, my Padawans»

THE PROMPT IN THIS ONE IS NOT MINE!!